Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Principal and the Managing Director of Family and Community Engagement, the Family Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing, promoting, and implementing the Family Engagement Program at DREAM’s Mott Haven Elementary and Middle School Charter School. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about creating authentic partnerships with families and the community in order to drive DREAM’s mission forward.
- Create and execute on systems to support staff and school leadership in engaging families, such as regular check-ins, committee meetings, data sharing, and professional development activities at MHES and MHMS;
- Develop, promote, implement, and track DREAM Charter School Family Engagement programming in cooperation with DREAM families, staff, and leaders;
- Design, implement, and evaluate Family Engagement activities and events at MHMS and MHES;
- Partner with school staff and external organizations to organize family workshops based on areas of interest identified by DREAM families and staff at MHMS and MHES;
- Schedule, implement, and track completion of Family Visits for all DREAM scholars at MHMS and MHES;
- Oversee the management of Classroom Captains, Family Volunteers, Family Ambassadors, and other family committees;
- Collect, analyze, and share family data including DREAM and DOE family satisfaction surveys, family participation rates, and drive discourse on the ways in which this data affects student achievement;
- Drive production of DREAM family communications, including the DREAM Family Guide and family facing fliers, emails, texts, robo calls, letters, and handouts;
- Manage and support the growth and development of the DREAM Family Action Council (DFAC);
- Build and maintain positive trust-based relationships with DREAM scholars, staff, and families and model, inspire, and support staff and leaders to do the same;
- Collect information about recreational and educational opportunities for DREAM families and students and publicize them to families.
Please apply directly here.