Apr 27, 2021
Oakland, CA, USA
The purpose of this role is to set and execute a powerful vision for program quality and staff professional development to maximize the impact of College Track programming so students receive the comprehensive supports they need along their college completion journeys. This person will provide all College Access and Completion program staff with the knowledge, skills, and support needed to achieve organization-wide goals in college matriculation, college graduation, and staff retention.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Program Quality Design and Implementation
- Create quality and implementation guidelines for College Access and Completion core practices
- Develop and implement new programming and strategies
- Lead creation, revision, and refinement of program resources
- Observe and evaluate program quality to support site and regional staff
- Support organizational and programmatic alignment across the sites, and provide support systems that drive student success.
- Ensure programming reflects current research and promising developments in college access and completion
- Analyze and report on data trends and use data to inform program innovation and implementation
- Monitor and evaluate site pilots and experiments and support org-wide roll-out and change management
- Staff Training and Support
- Lead, manage, and develop National Manager of College Advising to best support the programmatic needs of the College Success Advisors
- Assess learning needs for each role to design and deliver trainings that drive program results in core practices for both new and experienced staff
- Partner with site and regional leaders to coordinate individualized coaching for College Access and Completion staff.
- Serve as the National College Completion content-based expert for site program staff
- Identify and coordinate external professional development opportunities for staff
- Support hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of College Access Directors
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the National Director of College Completion must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. They must embody and model College Track core values and model a deep commitment to improving education equity.
Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience advising and supporting programmatic work
- Expertise in higher education, college admission, and financial aid policies
- History of driving significant results in college matriculation
- Experience training staff through a variety of adaptive coaching and adult-learning methods
- Ability to lead, motivate, and empower staff to develop and improve without formal authority
- Ownership over the organization’s impact by setting goals, planning, and reflecting to achieve excellent results
- Agility within and comfort with ambiguity while being highly proactive and effective at driving toward clarity
- Ability to work well within a remote team
- Ability to travel up to 25%, mostly within Northern California sites, but also to the Los Angeles region and out-of-state
- Minimum four-year college degree
Education, Higher Education
Please apply on our website!