Apr 28, 2021
$100,000 - $132,000 yearly
Way to Win is a homebase for progressive donors and organizers seeking a strategic approach to funding that advances transformative policy, wins elections, and builds lasting power in the states. We work in partnership with those most impacted by injustice to win near-term elections while building long term power, to improve lives, and to achieve a representative democracy that works for all.
This position is the CEO of telling the story of Way to Win’s collection of brands to the world— centering our strategies as the hottest in the field and making the network irresistible in the hearts and minds of our target audiences.
This position is a full-time position, with core teammates in Austin, TX, Sacramento, CA, Burlington, VT, and Oakland, CA. We require a highly motivated go-getter, able to effectively self manage and lean into our goals and startup culture. We are seeking a team player who is proactive, efficient, and a quick learner-- able to own projects from start to finish, jump in and propose solutions and ideas, and bring their whole selves to this work.
- Internal/External Communications: Communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of communications: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads, website (and every other touchpoint you can imagine); Prepare annual marketing goals and plans, create a calendar of campaigns and events to meet those goals.
- Media Relations: Develop and leverage our relationships and trust with the right media outlets consumed by our target audience.
- Experience & Community Building: Bring the brand to life (consistently) across all touchpoints, including leading events and internal processes to execute all events (virtual and in person).
- Team Management: Guide and empower a team to develop and deliver long-term movement-led strategies, medium-term campaigns to activate donors when there is momentum on an issue in the country, and short-term communications plans to capture fast-moving opportunities.
Way to Win
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, paying attention to details, managing systems, and who are results oriented. You should have:
- Successful track record of building and managing irresistible brands. You are a master storyteller and narrative strategist with experience working with design teams. Your strong writing skills can translate the brand across all touchpoints.
- Strong team management skills and experience. You should be able to motivate a high-performing team that knocks it out of the park according to the metrics that you help to set. As a manager, you know how to skilfully delegate and to give meaningful feedback. You should be able to demonstrate experience holding a team accountable and providing support and development for growing edges.
- Nuanced race and oppression analysis. You should recognise ways that race and other identities intersect in our work and are driven to make changes in systems and practices to operationalise equity. Alongside your teammates, you continuously center the movement.
- Positive, can-do attitude. You have a spirit of "yes" and a bias towards action. With your experience tending relationships with coworkers, vendors, donors, and other stakeholders, you make a positive contribution to our work culture and help our team be resilient.
Advocacy/Social Action, Media/News, Public Policy
Salary commensurate with experience (range $100,000 - $132,000), plus a generous benefits package, including:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Fun Slack channels
Please upload your resume, cover letter, and references to apply by clicking this link.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.