Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Strategy and Institutional Advancement, the Director of Leadership Gifts oversees frontline major gift fundraising as well as the management and growth of a best practice leadership giving program. The director works closely with the SVP, Directors of Advancement Programs and Operations, Engagement, and Board Relations, along with Director of Institutional Advancement, high-level volunteers, including trustees, and other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Director is a member of the Advancement and Engagement leadership team and contributes to the department’s overall strategic direction and operational excellence, while optimizing philanthropic growth and opportunities. The Director plays a leadership role in leveraging NEC’s brand, board leadership, and constituent partnerships – whether local, national, or global– to establish a best-in-class leadership giving program. This position supervises a small team with plans to grow in the next year.
- Coordinates prospect research and management to capitalize on the success of NEC’s recent fundraising initiatives and create a robust and proactive major gift program through prospecting, analysis, and planning by building a pipeline for major and principal gifts, increasing activity, and maximizing revenue.
- Works with SVP for Strategy and Institutional Advancement and leadership team to develop short-term, annual, and long-range programmatic goals and objectives consistent with institutional priorities.
- Oversees the management of the leadership gift team enabling the gift officer(s) to set clear goals for cultivation strategies of prospects and execute strategies that result in the highest level asks for the Conservatory’s fundraising priorities; focuses on building long-term relationships with top prospects and donors; provides leadership and facilitates relationships between major gift prospects and the President, senior administrators, faculty, and key volunteer leaders.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of approximately 50 - 75 major gift ($100,000+ level) prospects; develops strategies and approaches to generate higher levels of giving and engagement; conducts approximately 6-8 visits per month; maintains complete and timely records of contacts with prospects and volunteers.
- Oversees the planned giving program including developing a variety of initiatives to create unrestricted support and bring a strategic integrated focus to the team’s planning.
- Other duties as needed.
Please submit complete application by using this link Director of Leadership Gifts/ NEC Music/ KeldairHR