May 04, 2021
$95,000 - $110,000 yearly
The Senior Manager - Community Engagement will be part of KIPP’s Policy, Advocacy and Community Engagement team (PACE) and will report to the Director – External Impact. The Sr. Manager will support the Director – External Impact in developing and implementing KIPP’s strategy to develop and foster relationships with students, families and community organizations. Partner organizations will include advocacy organizations, civil rights organizations, community groups, public school districts, and charter school organizations. The Sr. Manager will also regularly work in collaboration with other members of the PACE Team, the Sr. Director of PACE, the Chief of Policy and Public Affairs, KIPP’s Communications team and Regional Advocacy and Community engagement teams. Ideal candidates will be dynamic and visionary relationship-builders that are committed to keeping students at the center of all that we do.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Manager, Community Engagement will manage the following workstreams, in support of the Director – External Impact and as part of KIPP’s larger strategic plan:
- Work in partnership with the Director – External Impact to develop and execute KIPP’s 5-year community engagement strategy.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships with community organizations, agencies, leaders, and educators to align on shared priorities that drive towards KIPP’s mission and vision.
- Implement and maintain KIPP’s community engagement initiatives across multiple organizational priorities.
- Develop training materials and deliverables to inform and train KIPP regions on community engagement initiatives and strategies.
- Support KIPP Regions with long-term community engagement initiatives and provide crisis management support when needed.
- Lead the launch and cultivation KIPP’s community of practice
- Develop and manage relationships with community allies and identify relevant new groups to bring into KIPP’s work as community partners and allies.
- Partner with regions to lead change management around the implementation, execution, and continuation of best practices in community engagement for each region
- Ability to model KIPP’s values
- A deep understanding of tactics/strategies to execute on community and civic engagement
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding and experience in community organizing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Deep commitment to both racial and educational equity; supports the building of an organization that reflects the community KIPP serves; holds self and others on team accountable for centering equity.
- Knowledge of the education sector, including scope, role, history, needs, and critical issues.
- Five (5+) years of professional work experience in relevant fields or functions, including at least three years in positions related to community/family engagement/organizing and/or grassroots advocacy. Experience in working within communities of color preferred.
- A proven track record in effectively organizing others and yourself against immediate and long-term timelines.
- Excellent project-management skills. Possess proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects while maintaining quality work.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including building and maintaining coalitions.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Education
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. KIPP also offers a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement.
Apply via this link on our internal jobs board.