The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $1 billion in research projects in academic and industry labs worldwide. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment but instead spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de- risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Today, the Foundation has about 150 full-time employees.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, MJFF is an international organization with a national funding base. This role is based in New York City; however, we expect to continue working remotely through Labor Day. To learn more, please visit michaeljfox.org.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation seeks a Donor Services Coordinator to support the Development Operations and Revenue Analytics (DORA) team. A strong DevOps function drives revenue growth by reducing the time relationship managers spend on various administrative tasks, speeding up the stewardship process, and improving the engagement experience for MJFF constituents.
The Donor Services team is dedicated to the Foundation’s core values of urgency, optimism, efficiency, resourcefulness, collaboration, persistence, and accountability which allows the team to provide first class support to the Foundation’s donors. We take pride in helping our Donors with the support they require.
This role will provide key in-house customer service and support to the Foundation’s Significant Gifts, Community Fundraising, and Mass Market fundraising teams and their constituents. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who is eager to learn about donor service operations.
Given the Foundation’s commitment to urgency and resourcefulness, it is expected that the Coordinator's learning curve and responsibilities will develop and deepen in a relatively short timeframe. An ideal candidate will be an approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of earnestness and customer service with constituents, teammates, and colleagues. The successful candidate will energize and motivate those around them and will regularly demonstrate the Foundation’s core values of Optimism, Urgency, Resourcefulness, Collaboration, Accountability and Persistence.
The position will report to the Associate Director, Donor Services. Only candidates within the Tri-state area will be considered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive mail delivered to the office and forward mail from the Foundation’s PO Box. Sort donations from general mail and prepare for processing.
• Scan all donations and documentation and maintain electronic files.
• Deposit checks via electronic banking. Prepare cash deposits and deliver to the bank as necessary.
• Prepare donation batches for data entry, setup batch templates in CRM, and attach relevant media.
• Serve as primary support for donation phone line.
• Manage Website Donation Inquiries mailbox for the Donor Services team. Answer email requests from external constituents through our Salesforce platform and respond within 24-48 business hours.
• Respond to internal inquiries via emails submitted to our Donor Services Inbox and our Accuracy Inbox within 24-48 business hours.
• Complete Matching Gift requests in electronic and paper formats and maintain tracking system
• Maintain quality control and high levels of accuracy on data entry.
• Employ strong time management on tasks that require response time within 48 business hours.
• Prepare and send Fedex packages.
• Assess and review work processes. Make suggestions for optimization of donation processing.
• Complete other projects and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to lift and carry packages up to 25 lbs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently and with empathy, both within the Foundation and externally.
• Experience with common workplace tools including: MS Office; experience with fundraising CRM a plus (e.g. Salesforce).
Ideal candidates will also possess the following:
• Ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive and action-oriented personality; willingness to pitch-in.
• Strong customer service focus and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and follow through on multiple projects; excellent time management skills required.
• Ability to work with people at all levels.
• Openly engaging, energetic and diplomatic.
• Possess a very high level of personal and professional integrity. Trustworthiness.
• Thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Innate sense of pace and urgency as well as the ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and as part of a team.
• High level of accountability and takes responsibility.
• High EQ.
• A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must.
• Embodies civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic.
Interested candidates should submit a resume. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.