BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
About the Director Role:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Strategic Partnerships and Sponsorships Director will broker a robust, BRIC-wide corporate sponsorship portfolio, to activate assets such as the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, the BRIC JazzFest, major visual art exhibitions, and other signature programming. The ideal candidate is a sponsorship marketing professional with at least 8 years of sponsorship sales experience in music and art preferred, a natural networker and has a demonstrated track record of generating revenue for rights holders and ROI for sponsors.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Director will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Chief Operating Officer:
Program & Strategy Management
- Collaborate with Executive leadership to develop organization-wide corporate sponsorship revenue goals and sales strategies.
- Ensure BRIC’s assets are structured, packaged, and priced to maximize revenue and value to corporate partners. Identify trends and prospecting categories; create actionable partnership sales strategies.
- Provide semi-monthly progress reports outlining solicitation status and negotiation progress.
- Own end-to-end management of marquee sponsorships - making strategic asset decisions, getting sponsorship execution off the ground, optimizing spend commitments, and measuring success
- Oversee and approve BRICs Corporate Sponsors crediting process
- Maintain and refine prospect pipeline and stewardship tracking systems for corporate members and sponsors.
- Coordinate the successful execution of sponsorship deliverables ranging from logo placements to on-site activation with sponsors and BRIC program and marketing staff.
- Collaborate with internal staff to update and maintain corporate marketing materials and the BRIC website.
- Collect data from other departments to communicate impact and advance corporate giving efforts.
- Coordinate final negotiation meetings with COO and Vice President for Advancement in order to finalize and close deals.
- Ensure Sponsorship Account Manager is prepared to deliver integrated BRIC services (including marketing, on-site activation, and custom media content) to sponsors.
- Collaborate with Sponsorship Account Manager to deliver timely post-event reports to sponsors, to ensure timely renewals.
- Join quarterly meetings to help train BRIC team members in proactive, professional, and sustainable sponsorship approaches, highlighting corporate sponsorship best practices and strategies.
Sponsor Relationship Management
- Execute ongoing partnership management, including partner relationships, budgeting, forecasting, YoY asset negotiations, and asset utilization and tracking.
- Negotiate and manage all sponsorship contracts, with deliverables such as credits, print ad placement, on-site signage, promotion, tickets, and hospitality.
- Maintain communication with corporate partners via email, phone, or mail for benefit fulfillment, set up meetings, follow up on request, follow up on status of proposal, agreement, and money.
- Oversee updates of Sponsorship contacts and plan.
- Attend special events, galas, dinners, and events to greet guests, manage benefits, and prospect.
- Edit all acknowledgement letters to corporate funders.
- Close deals for a variety of BRIC’s corporate partnership assets, including the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival and annual exhibition season.
- Strategize all renewal and new proposals.
- Manage research, solicitation, and activation processes for corporate sponsorships and corporate membership programs.
- Develop and draft compelling sponsorship proposals that use images to tell stories.
- Attend off-site meetings with corporate partners to present sponsorship partnership request.
- Identify and cultivate new sources of funding.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Expertise & Leadership in Corporate Fundraising: Exemplary track record directing a large business development function and demonstrated results securing six and seven figure, multi-year contracts. Expertise in the full scope of business development activities at all levels of donation with a focus on the NYC market. Deep understanding of anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices in social change.
- Detail Oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possess a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- Communication & Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven leader who can inspire staff and collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization, and provides feedback to support the achievement of goals. Highly skilled communicator and relationship builder, both individually and in large audience or public communications.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within the sponsorship function and setting an equity and justice rooted strategy for revenue generation and team management.
- Deep Experience in similarly-situated, national profile media and entertainment institutions including professional sports leagues, telecasters, advertising agencies, and arts institutions.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Please see job description
Please see job description.
This search is being managed by TalentED Advisors, a New York based talent strategy and management firm which partners exclusively with non-profit organizations. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://bricartsmedia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26&source=other