One of the defining characteristics of GFF’s grantmaking is our venture philanthropy approach. This means that we partner with our grantees, working closely on business planning, strategy, organizational development, impact measurement and fundraising. We have a track record of success - we were the first foundation supporters of Carbon Tracker, IEEFA and others. Our current portfolio includes organizations from Asia, South Asia, Europe and Africa. These organizations are early stage visionaries that we assess could have world-changing impact, and we are committed to helping them achieve their full potential.
The Grants Manager will provide expertise and hands on support to plan, execute and supervise grants. You will lead all aspects of the grants lifecycle as well as shepherding the Programs team through the grants management process. The Growald team and partners will see you as the key point of contact and thought partner on all grants-related issues. This position reports to the Associate Program Director.
- Responsible for the full grant lifecycle from due diligence to approval to grant closure.
- Serve as a key point of contact for new and existing grantee inquiries and coordinate all grantee communication regarding agreements, technical assistance, and support.
- Oversee due diligence process flows including internal proposal reviews, interactions with Growald’s organizational development team, shepherding grantees through proposal process, and managing timelines and deadlines.
- Support the evaluation, documentation, adoption and consistent execution of Grants Management policies and procedures, including content, timeliness and compliance.
- Review and provide feedback on grant proposals.
- Manage grants management system (GivingData) for existing grantees and grantmaking pipeline.
- Maintain and update portfolio budget projections, in consultation with Assoc. Program Director and Finance Director.
- In collaboration with the Finance Director, leverage organizational tools and processes to track financial disbursements, monitor monthly budget actuals vs. forecast, and ensure compliance with internal finance procedures.
- Capture grantmaking metrics/lessons, conduct interim reporting calls with grantees and contribute to the annual impact report.
- Manage reporting process for grantees, ensuring compliance with interim and final reporting requirements. Contribute to annual impact report. Support docket preparation for quarterly board meetings.
- Participate in grants management trainings as appropriate and stay abreast of the latest information and changes in grants management and relevant laws including through membership in relevant affinity groups.
- Act as a thought partner with Associate Program Director to streamline and improve grantmaking processes as well as create clear touchpoints with other program areas of the foundation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community and strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Are you passionate about deploying resources to global partners working on climate solutions? To succeed as our Grants Manager, you will bring your experience, enthusiasm, and best practices to our growing portfolio of grantees. You will work collaboratively with our expanding team to refine our grants management processes and practices while ensuring the smooth and successful execution of grants to our portfolio of global partners.
- You have at least three years of proven grants management, preferably with a grantmaking .organization, preferably with international grantmaking.
- You are experienced at managing and reviewing grantee proposals & reports. You can skillfully evaluate impact metrics, financial reports and proposal budgets.
- You have worked extensively with grants management software.
- You are adept at capturing, evaluating, and documenting impact metrics.
- You possess a collaborative working style and the ability to lead a team through complex process flows.
- You have worked cross-culturally and with people from diverse backgrounds and languages.
- Preferred: You have experience working in the field of climate change.
- Preferred: Experience working with international grantmaking, including assessing organizational charitable status and expenditure responsibility.
- Preferred: Fluency in one or more relevant languages.
This is a full-time role based in Boston, MA. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. We also offer a generous benefits package including: medical and dental coverage, generous paid time off, a retirement plan, disability and life insurance, and more.
Please upload your cover letter and resume to our online application. In your cover letter please share what motivates you to work at The Growald Family fund and how your experience with grant management will support our goal of catalyzing the rapid transition to a clean energy future.