HelpAge USA advances the well-being and inclusion of older people around the world through research, advocacy, and programs. We work in the U.S. and with our global network partners in 85 countries to improve lives in the world's poorest communities. Our goal is to ensure that the contributions of all older people are recognized, and they have a right to a healthy, safe, and secure life.
We are seeking a board member who can serve as Treasurer of HelpAge USA.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Determine the organization’s mission, values, and strategic goals and approve annual plans.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
- Commit to serving at least one two-year term. Attend two in-person full-day meetings per year (post-COVID-19), held in Washington, DC, and participate in 6-8 conference calls of 90 minutes.
- Serve on at least one committee (e.g., finance, governance, development) and be open to special assignments or leadership roles.
- Make a personal and substantial contribution to HelpAge USA at least annually according to personal means. HelpAge should be among those organizations that are individual giving priorities. Encourage and support contributions from others.
Description of Board Treasurer Responsibilities
- Monitors financial activities of the organization
- Reviews reports to ensure timely and adequate management of financial resources and reports to the Board
- Advises the Board of any significant financial matters that require Board action
- Ensures the Board engages a qualified auditor for periodic financial examinations
- Reports on all monies and other valuable properties of the organization
- Ensures that a full and accurate account of receipts and disbursements is kept
- Provides written detailed accounts of financial transactions regularly or upon request
- Such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Board or bylaws
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a thoughtful cover letter to our Communications and Administrative Manager, Paige Duskie, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV should include 2 references.