May 12, 2021
$44,000 - $45,000 yearly
Yolo Basin Foundation
Davis, CA, USA
Yolo Basin Foundation is looking to hire a creative and motivated Development Coordinator. This role is vital to the organization as he or she will raise funds to support the vibrant and high-quality environmental education programs for people of all ages.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing Yolo Basin Foundation’s fundraising program including organizing events, interacting with donors to encourage ongoing contributions, and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships. The Development Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Executive Director and other Foundation staff and Board of Directors.
Fundraising and Donor Events
- Coordinate Bucks for Ducks, the Foundation’s annual fundraising event
- Organize other fundraising and donor events
Fund and Donor Development
- Develop and organize fundraising appeals
- Identify fundraising opportunities that raise awareness of the Foundation’s work
- Build new donor relationships while stewarding ongoing ones
- Write content to earn grants, new audiences and better relationship with donors and corporate sponsors
- Solicit and maintain corporate sponsorships of Foundation events and programs
- Organize and promote planned giving program
- Maintain awareness of regional nonprofit fundraising trends and strategies
- Conduct research to identify potential donors, grantors, corporate sponsors
- Prepare reports for donors, grantors and Board of Directors
- Participate in fund development committee meetings, prepare materials as necessary
- Maintain supporter pages on website
- Create and maintain files of organizational accomplishments, photos and quotes that can be used for Big Day of Giving, grants and other documents
- Track and record donor and fundraising activity in Neon, the Foundation’s donor and event management database
- Attend staff meetings, participate in Yolo Basin events, write E-news articles and provide other staff support
Yolo Basin Foundation
- Must embrace the mission of the Yolo Basin Foundation
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, individual giving campaigns and event planning
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and be able to follow through on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude and demonstrate self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have at least 3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience
This is a full-time position at ~$45,000 with Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
Flexible schedule and informal work environment. In-person meetings and activities are required; but after a period of orientation, some flexibility to work from home will continue beyond COVID-19.
Applicants interested in working 80% time will be considered.
Send resume and cover letter by June 2, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this position can be directed to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information about the Yolo Basin Foundation - visit our website: yolobasin.org