May 11, 2021
Reports to: Becky Vogel, Senior Director of Partnerships, OneGoal- Massachusetts
Start date: July 2021
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity in communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 12,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 12 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 86% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 76% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
About OneGoal – Massachusetts
Massachusetts leads the nation in most educational outcomes, yet it is also home to some of the most stark racial and economic disparities in public education. We believe that OneGoal is and will continue to be an integral part of the solution. In just five years, our Massachusetts region has grown to serve more than 1,000 Fellows across 15 high schools in 10 districts and 14 postsecondary partners – and demand for our program is growing. For more information about the Massachusetts Region, click here.
You believe – and your work has demonstrated your belief – that all students can earn a postsecondary degree and the life that comes with it.
As the Director of Partnerships, you will develop and maintain partnerships with high schools and postsecondary institutions across Massachusetts. At the secondary school level, you will increase the impact of OneGoal- Massachusetts by growing our footprint and increasing the base of schools, teachers, and students we serve. To do so, you will strengthen partnerships with current districts and schools, ensuring at least 85% of our schools add new cohorts of students each year, and cultivate relationships with prospective district partners. At the postsecondary institution level, you will cultivate and manage relationships at partner institutions to ensure that our Fellows have a supportive pathway to enroll and persist through their desired postsecondary experience.
Lead Existing OneGoal High School Partnerships
- Manage a portfolio of district/high school partners, including relationships with district/high school administrators and stakeholders, to ensure the fidelity and integrity of the OneGoal model.
- Collaborate internally with OneGoal program staff to increase OneGoal’s impact on students, ensuring at least 85% of our current partner schools add a new cohort each year
- Own responsibility for negotiating and securing earned revenue via fee-for-service contracts with district/school partners.
- Partner with school administrators to identify and select effective OneGoal Program Directors (school-based teachers) that will invest, recruit, select and ultimately guide students through the OneGoal program.
Lead OneGoal Postsecondary Partnerships
- Cultivate and foster relationships with administrators and support staff at postsecondary institutions that will support OneGoal Fellows to enroll and persist. Serve as liaison between OneGoal staff, teachers, and Fellows and postsecondary partners to ensure Fellows are successful in the application, aid, enrollment and persistence processes.
- Collaborate closely with all members of the OneGoal- Massachusetts staff supporting Fellow persistence to ensure that our postsecondary partnerships complement and support our overall persistence strategy.
Engage Prospects + Convert to Partners
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team to refine short- and long-term expansion strategy.
- Lead an ambitious, collaborative, multi-year campaign to expand our program footprint and hit annual partnership growth goals.
- Engage directly with district and school prospects and partners to establish brand awareness, understanding of program, investment in approach and partnership launch.
- Operate with a strong customer service orientation; genuinely leverage customer experience and insights to improve programmatic and partnership approach.
- Manage up to senior regional team members, including the Executive Director and Managing Director of Program, to effectively leverage organizational connections in service of hitting our ambitious growth goals.
The Director of Partnerships is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from college.
- You believe that in order to close the national college divide, Fellows need to be supported to become college-ready and colleges need to transform to be student-ready.
- You know that postsecondary success and timelines look different person by person.
- You have audacious hope for a future where every young person in America will have a real opportunity to earn a college degree–and the life that comes with it. Your hope is coupled with a strong understanding of college readiness, access, and success research and the systemic barriers that first-generation, low-income, and students of color face in pursuit of their postsecondary goals.
You are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- You share our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of all people, and advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities especially those from which our Fellows come.
- You integrate your knowledge, skills and mindsets related to diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of the work. You continuously build your understanding of privilege and oppression especially within the context of our country, education system, and college divide.
You are a continuous learner.
- You are constantly learning, adapting and developing; you create and seize opportunities to refine your knowledge, skills and mindsets in both your personal and professional life.
- When there is a setback you accept responsibility, recognizing the power in learning from failure.
- You proactively seek and act on feedback, and practice active listening, all because you seek to be the best version of yourself for Fellows.
Key Skills and Experiences:
You have sales and/or recruitment experience within K12 or higher education; you drive hard at campaigns and hit ambitious goals.
- You have experience managing a portfolio of existing partners towards retention and growth.
- You understand the sales and/or recruitment cycle, and display passion and energy when engaging with prospects.
- You have experience building out collaborative growth strategies and leveraging data to understand progress to goal.
- You have worked closely with principals and school administrators in the past. You understand the budget constraints and tradeoffs school leaders face as they seek to best serve their students, and are comfortable having difficult conversations and making direct asks of senior district/school administrators.
You are a coalition builder.
- You cultivate relationships with the understanding that our students are best served when we collaborate to meet all of their needs.
- You are both humble and optimistic about the role OneGoal can play within a partner school and district, with a commitment to serving more students, better.
- You are driven both by data and experience, recognizing that decision-making and strategy require evidence as well as a drive to dream big.
You are a strong communicator and relationship-builder.
- You are a people person and you know that clear and consistent communication is important to maintaining and building relationships. You build rapport and maintain engaging relationships with all of your stakeholders, including our staff. You consider the perspectives of others as you craft your communication and your solutions to problems.
- You are excited to bring in the voice and perspective of school staff into our internal team deliberations.
You are a planner and an operator.
- You are a strong planner and skilled at regularly re-assessing priorities to manage diverse projects, and communicating and partnering effectively with your manager, to deliver on what is most impactful. You have experience managing a large number of requests and completing those projects on time and with quality.
- You have the ability to break-down and sequence projects into manageable pieces for yourself and others. While you are process-oriented, you are not discouraged when things don’t go as planned because you’ve built contingency plans and are excited by problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 3+ years experience establishing, retaining, and expanding partnerships in K-12 and/or higher education (Highly Preferred)
- Sales and/or recruitment experience (Highly Preferred)
- Knowledge of Massachusetts secondary education landscape (Highly Preferred)
- Position requires travel to school partners throughout Massachusetts; valid driver’s license + access to a vehicle is required
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 150 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 6 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Education, Higher Education, Youth Development
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume and cover letter explaining your passion and alignment to this position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org. You may also reach out to Leila El-Badawi directly at Leila.El-Badawi@onegoalgraduation.org or 773-916-4172.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.