May 13, 2021
$90,000 - $110,000 yearly
San Francisco, CA, USA
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Strategic Initiatives reports directly to the CEO and support to manage priority initiatives. The Director of Strategic Initiatives will represent the CEO and Executive Office and act as a liaison with staff on all levels of the organization, the community, and external stakeholders. This position acts as a strategic thought partner to leaders and makes sure that the work is done on time. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with excellent communication skills who can build strong and sustainable relationships to influence, collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others. The Director of Strategic Initiatives will facilitate effective and efficient decision making by the CEO by prioritizing critical issues and required information to make informed decisions. The ideal candidate has experience handling complex situations, multiple responsibilities, is fluent in data-informed decision making, and can handle long-term projects alongside urgent needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
DRIVE STRATEGIC INITIATIVES AND PRIORITIES:
- Provide thought-partnership to Chief Executive Officer and other Senior Leadership Team members on developing and reflecting upon network-wide annual priorities as well as other strategic endeavors
- Drive strategic planning by establishing alignment and progress monitoring around a set of annual and multi-year strategic priorities; support regular evaluation or progress to goals
- Support the development of departmental and organization-wide budgets to ensure resources are allocated to support organizational priorities and initiatives.
- Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations
MEETING PREPARATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- In collaboration with other senior leaders and staff, identify and facilitate internal and external meetings needed to advance CEO and organizational priorities
- Coordinate recurring meetings and larger step backs to ensure all time spent together is highly effective: the right topics are raised, facilitation supports healthy debate on the most important questions, and there is clear ownership and follow through.
- Represent CEO voice and interests in event planning meetings and tees up decisions and guidance in a timely manner (including leadership and board retreats, conferences, and other special events)
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES:
- Manage and own the strong execution of discrete projects and strategic initiatives Oversee cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives, building operational infrastructure to ensure complex projects are successful and encourage cross functional collaboration
- Provide additional capacity, as necessary, across departments to ensure successful completion of projects
- Support CEO in developing agendas and materials for Board and committee meetings. Identify opportunities to engage the board on strategic issues and follow-up with members as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison between organization and Board of Directors to ensure all board documents and trainings are complete, filed, and in compliance with all requirements
- Manage internal communication to ensure transparency and team cohesion
- Plan holiday party/culture building team events
- Manage external communication to align with our strategic vision, communicate our story, and fully engage stakeholders
New Door Ventures
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or higher in a related area and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience managing annual or multi-year plan development or monitoring execution of strategic plan
- Prior experience supporting CEO is a plus
- Commitment to the mission and values of New Door Ventures
- Exceptional project manager who is highly organized and has a strong ability to manage multiple priorities across a number of stakeholders
- Clear and skilled communicator and facilitator who can motivate and inspire others
- Highly collaborative and strong ability to build trust and authentic relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes
- Strong learning orientation and self-awareness
- Entrepreneurial and flexible with an ability to sense/identify potential opportunities and challenges and adapt plans and processes to ensure successful results
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Education
The Director of Strategic Initiatives will earn a starting salary of $90K-$110K annually dependent on experience. New Door offers a generous benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, matched 403(b) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, 13 vacation days per year, commuter benefits, and 11 company holidays per year.
New Door Ventures challenges staff professionally and provides ample professional development opportunities and on-the-job growth. New Door culture is stimulating and motivating, populated with dedicated, intelligent staff and a strong, established leadership team.