About the Organization
At the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health, we are a team of dedicated individuals with a shared commitment to helping kids and families live healthier lives.
We do this by:
- Fundraising for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford and the maternal and child health programs of Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Raising awareness of children's health issues.
- Promoting a system of care that improves the lives of children with special health care needs and their families
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health (“Foundation”) is seeking a relationship-driven professional to implement our workforce growth strategy, reimagine our onboarding program, and help us to create the future of work navigating the complexities of a hybrid work environment. Recruiting the very best talent to the Foundation and ensuring an inclusive onboarding experience that engenders a sense of belonging is essential to achieving our organizational objectives to unlock philanthropy for all kids and moms in the community we serve, and around the world.
The Associate Director for Talent Acquisition will drive the Foundation’s recruiting and onboarding activities for all teams and roles across the organization. This includes developing talent acquisition strategies and enhancing workforce initiatives in collaboration with senior leadership, and under the direction of the Director, HR & Talent Management and the AVP for People Initiatives.
The individual selected for this role will have experience as a community-facing recruiter having successfully led full cycle recruitments to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates, provide a superior candidate experience from application through onboarding, and strategically advance relationships to build a pipeline for future roles.
This position is highly collaborative and involves working alongside hiring managers and, in some cases, external vendors. The Associate Director will serve as a thought partner, advisor and implementer on job analysis and description development. They will also create and implement tactical recruitment plans including sourcing, screening and selection, that often involve shifting between administrative execution and strategic partnership.
The chosen candidate will be a skilled communicator with all internal and external stakeholders and an exceptionally organized facilitator of all recruiting processes in a growth-oriented environment.
We are looking for a candidate who is deeply committed to the principles and values of diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging and supports their positive integration into our culture. The individual in this role must model and embody these principles and values in their work both within the Foundation and externally as an important representative of the Foundation.
A successful Associate Director will proactively build networks in anticipation of future vacancies, design interview processes that help hiring managers make good hiring decisions, ensure roles are filled quickly, create a standardized organization-wide onboarding experience, and help managers create individualize onboarding plans.
Talent Strategy & Planning
- Partners with Foundation’s senior leadership to assess, plan, and project talent acquisition needs while setting and pursuing goals related to effectively and efficiently addressing the needs.
- Assumes leadership of the current and complete hiring process, evolves the process as needed, and organizes the process to include capacity from administrative staff and external firms and vendors, as needed. Our current process is centered on competency-driven hiring including robust screening, work tasks that simulate side-by-side work between candidates and hiring managers, and large stakeholder panels interviewing finalist candidates.
- Collaborates with managers to develop and implement a standardized onboarding process that elevates the experience of newly hired staff both through centrally managed content and through supporting managers to build and execute on individualized onboarding plans.
- Creates and executes toward a clear vision for leveraging our ATS to create process efficiencies in hiring and house data for long-term use. We currently use Paychex and are open to new systems at the Associate Director’s direction.
- Participates and collaborates with HR team on projects and department process improvement and development initiatives, as needed.
Marketing & Network Building
- Proactively builds relationships with potential candidates for the Foundation’s hard to fill roles (e.g. fundraisers with academic medical research experience).
- Develops and manages clear, conscience, and linear job postings, social media blurbs, and email content that will inspire qualified candidates to apply for open roles.
- Researches key sites to advertise the Foundation’s jobs and ensures that all open roles are reaching key audiences through traditional channels.
- Motivates Foundation staff to refer friends and colleagues to roles at the Foundation and tracks referrals in service to the Foundations’ internal referral bonus incentive program.
Launching Open Positions
- Creates and facilitates a process in which hiring managers map job responsibilities, develop clear competency scorecards of skills and qualities necessary for success in a role, and write clear and detailed job descriptions.
- Designs an interview processes that are clearly mapped to competency scorecards and ensure candidates are assessed in uniform ways to reduce bias. Processes include activities that allow candidates to demonstrate skills and competencies.
Manage Execution to Efficiently and Effectively Complete Searches
- Manages interview processes to ensure that candidates have a great experience with the Foundation including clear communication of timelines and timely follow-up.
- Evaluates applications for roles and provides robust screens to applicants to select qualified candidates to advance to interviews with hiring managers.
- Manages interview scheduling, often partnering with the Foundation’s administrative staff, to schedule interviews and provide operational support to hiring managers.
- Works with hiring managers to prepare interview questions, ensure they are delivering effective interviews, and support them in making decisions as they evaluate candidates.
- Creates strategies to efficiently build capacity for talent acquisition work including identifying and leveraging external firms and vendors to supplement during busy hiring times.
Onboarding & Orientation
- Develops, shapes, and drives onboarding and the new hire orientation experience with a focus on centralization, standardization, and inclusion. Establishes partnerships across the Foundation to implement a team-based approach to orienting new hires remotely and in-person.
- Ensures that hiring managers always have a robust onboarding plan and successfully execute that plan.
- Engages new employees through their first three months to ensure that they have access to the training and information necessary for success in their roles.
Reporting & Compliance
- Prepares recruiting reports for HR Director on a regular basis and the executive team.
- Maintains the organization and integrity of our ATS.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and Foundation policies.
- Relationship-oriented—Develops and maintains deep and authentic relationships on behalf of the Foundation to build connections and a pipeline for open and future roles. Values and delivers high quality and professional responsive service.
- Collaborative—Works with colleagues to achieve results in alignment with the Foundation’s goals and mission. Partners with stakeholders across the Foundation to seek and offer expertise, implement process improvement, and drive successful talent acquisition and onboarding outcomes.
- Multitasking—Juggle a high-volume workload through strategic planning and prioritization while completing each element with professionalism, accuracy, and quality.
- Initiative—Takes a proactive approach to managing initiatives, resolving problems, anticipating needs, and seeking opportunities to expand knowledge through continuous feedback.
- Resourcefulness—Motivated/Inspired to consider creative and innovative ideas to solve problems, remove roadblocks, and implement improvements to sourcing, recruiting, and onboarding practices, particularly in complicated situations.
- Inclusive— Committed to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in the achievement of Foundation goals and upholds equal opportunity employer standards in addition to applicable state and federal employment laws and statutes.
- Good Judgement—As the leader in obtaining and onboarding the Foundation’s talent, must be outstanding in analyzing and assessing qualifications, possess superior listening skills and emotional intelligence to apply to all stakeholder interactions.
- Execution—Ability to successfully move a multi-faceted and complex process forward to completion overcoming and maintaining a calm presence despite obstacles.
- Fully proficient in LinkedIn recruiting and can manage others to effectively execute LinkedIn research for sourcing and recruitment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and develop professional networks. Outstanding customer service orientation and positive mindset.
- Proven strategic planning and implementation skills and expertise.
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills. Thorough and insightful in understanding the job purpose and function from the perspective of all stakeholders.
- Outstanding project management skills and strategic orientation. Proven ability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple complex recruitments for successful outcomes.
- Outstanding ability to work independently as well as to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to take initiative and be proactive.
- Skilled and creative in process design and implementation of sourcing and selection strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles. Knowledgeable and dedicated to incorporating the principles and values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging into all recruitment activities.
- Ability to be flexible, ensure accuracy and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Very knowledgeable of recruiting resources and tools and familiar with applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal employment laws, regulations, and best practices pertaining to hiring and recruitment. Maintains confidentiality of personal and proprietary information.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Teams, Zoom or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years managing high volume full-cycle recruitment and selection processes in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a non-profit organization or in development or advancement.
- Minimum two (2) years leading and developing talent acquisition strategy and workforce planning.
- Certified Staffing Professional (CSP), SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential or related credential is a plus.
How to Apply
To learn more and apply visit: https://bit.ly/3ukYNGm
To learn more and apply visit: https://bit.ly/3ukYNGm