May 20, 2021
Alexandria, VA, USA
The Specialist, Education and Leadership Development’s primary responsibility is managing, implementing, and analyzing initiatives and resources for volunteer development initiatives. The specialist assists with implementing a long-term plan that assesses, anticipates and responds to the educational and leadership development needs of key PTA stakeholders. The Specialist, Education and Leadership Development will work independently and collaboratively with all PTA stakeholders to support National PTA meeting its strategic plan objectives in the areas of training and volunteer development.
The Specialist works collaboratively with national staff, national, state and local leaders to implement training initiatives across the association.
- Serve as primary administrator for the Association Learning Management System, including coordination of all content updates and users.
- Monitors local leader Facebook groups to assess potential training needs and respond to inquiries. Manage all Facebook live events hosted on the page.
- Manages the National Representative (Nat Rep) program training cycle from inquiry to session delivery, including scheduling, preparing presenters and execution for both live and virtual events.
- In collaboration with the department director, works with National PTA’s Communications Team in developing plans, web content, and social media messaging related to training initiatives.
- Develops tools, infographics, and written resources as part of training initiatives.
- Contributes to the development of training materials (in-person and/or virtual).
- Supports the convention workshop process, including but not limited to working with the convention general arrangement committee around evaluating and selecting workshops; coaching speakers and tracking speaker and workshop information.
- Collaborates with key departments to proactively communicate frequent and timely leadership messages for Local PTAs to drive traffic to turn-key tools and resources National PTA offers
- Analyzes data from feedback mechanisms (i.e. events surveys, eLearning surveys, webinar surveys, community feedback) looking for trends and drawing insights/conclusions for new training ideas to better meet member participant needs.
- Supports volunteer committees and may serve as a committee liaison as requested
- Provides regular, routine reports and status updates to supervisor on projects and work efforts, including quarterly reports on the status of goals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in education, professional learning or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing member outreach or professional learning initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an education, volunteer, or membership organization, preferably with direct contact with volunteer members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Culturally competent working effectively in socially, ethnically and culturally diverse environments is required.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects successfully.
- Initiative, drive, and the ability to establish and meet deadlines as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with preference for candidates who are bilingual.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment. Excel and PPT proficiency.
- Background in training or facilitation of adult learners a plus.
- Marketing background a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding volunteer organizational culture is a plus.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment; core office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, position is based out of NPTA’s Alexandria, VA headquarters.
- Position is required to work occasional evenings and weekends for special programs and/or events
- Incumbent routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- This is a largely sedentary role. Routine activities and special events may require the ability to lift files, packages and related materials weighing up to 20 lbs and to bend or stand as necessary.
- Position requires ≤ 10% travel domestically
- Job knowledge
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Project management
- Product development
- Member focus
National PTA offers a full range of employee benefits including: health, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, paid leave, disability and life insurance, a meaningful and impactful mission and great colleagues.
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3647104