May 28, 2021
Remote (Cambridge, MA, USA)
Dimagi is seeking a Senior Director of Partnerships to support our leadership team in pursuing and securing new innovation opportunities, including new products, partnerships, and programs. Through these efforts, we aim to build upon Dimagi’s pre-existing experience by thoughtfully proposing and bringing new innovations to life, further accelerating our mission and impact.
The Senior Director of Partnerships will be based out of Dimagi’s Office of the CEO, working closely with Dimagi’s senior leadership team, including Dimagi’s CEO, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief of Staff, Global Director of Marketing, and others. Together they will break into and grow Dimagi’s portfolio with targeted strategic partners, including multilateral organizations, iNGOs, and foundations. In this role, the Director will have the opportunity to rapidly utilize skillsets across multiple areas - including market research, fundraising, grant writing, strategy development and execution, executive account management, and R&D. The work will be challenging, but in the right ways where there are ample opportunities to try and test new strategies, all while making a real, positive impact.
- Work with members of Dimagi’s leadership team to support the development of Dimagi’s strategic innovation strategy.
- Lead market research, and analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to identify and present general market trends and strategic challenges
- The Senior Director of Partnerships will be responsible for developing high-gloss materials (proposals, slide decks, reports), as well co-developing and improving concept notes, thought leadership pieces, and new pitches with the CEO and CSO.
- Build and nurture relationships and key account management with prospective and existing donors, both directly and in support of Dimagis’ CEO and CSO (depending on the account). This includes managing an ongoing funder database and running specific campaigns that push forward new innovation areas such as developing collateral, sending emails, scheduling meetings (with admin support), and overseeing post-meeting follow-up activities.
- Represent Dimagi through innovation-related knowledge-sharing forums - including presenting at industry conferences, joining innovation working groups, liaising with other partner organizations doing similar work, etc.
- Work directly with Dimagi’s Chief of Staff and Global Marketing Director to identify more advanced innovation areas and propose a strategy to bring them into Dimagi’s core offerings.
This position can be based out of our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment working on Eastern Standard time-zone hours.
Knowledge & Skills
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, motivated, and impact-driven people. As such, please consider the following areas listed to be general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in mid-level to senior strategic fundraising, grant writing, communications, and/or business development role in the social impact space.
- Experience working in related social impact or “technology for good” fields
- Has a deep understanding of the international development space (e.g., multilateral agencies, iNGOs, government agencies, foundations, etc.), including their own personal network of industry players
- Exceptional written skills, including the ability to rapidly iterate with leadership team members on concept notes, slide decks, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and excitement to engage with external stakeholders - including giving presentations to potential funders or at industry conferences.
- Highly organized and able to multitask while also maintaining a focus on small details
- Analytical mindset and comfort using Microsoft Excel and other data analysis and visualization tools
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Graduate-level degree in public health
- Have owned a donor account portfolio or secured high-value, $1 million + proposals
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.
Use the link below to be directed to the application on our website.