Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to serve as a Senior Manager of Special Events overseeing a portfolio of three large scale revenue generating events. This position is part of a team that manages eight fundraising events at Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City, which generate more than $5MM in annual revenue. Reporting to the VP of Special Events and Donor Cultivation, the Senior Manager of Special Events will serve as the lead for event planning, revenue generation, event management, event production and sponsorship opportunities. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication, creative and entrepreneurial, with the ability to execute high quality special events that meet or exceed annual goals. Candidate will have exemplary relationship building skills and be excited by the responsibility of playing a critical role in securing funding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s revenue goals.
- Develop the overall planning and management of major fundraising events to include: budget management, acquisition, cultivation and retention of event participants, solicit corporate sponsorships, logistics, pre-and post-event follow up, committee recruitment and management of event committee/s, maintain timeline on all design/creative for event materials, etc
- Develop relationships and work closely with trustees, event chairs, committees, and honorees
- Vendor management: oversee coordination of vendor production schedules (includes: venue contracts, collateral, save-the-dates, invitation design, media loops, printing and mailing, caterers, entertainment, photographers, videographers and consultants)
- Track and manage ticket sales / sponsorships, draft correspondence and solicitation mailings, capture new donor information and execute sponsorship benefit elements
- Develop and coordinate post-event analytics/evaluation to include return on investment analysis, to ensure continued success of events and sustainability
- Provide proactive problem-solving while managing event logistics including auctions, signage, food/beverage, registration, volunteers, staffing, and talent. Also manage speaker’s remarks, transportation and hotel needs as necessary
- Work with CMO to identify and implement ideas on effective marketing strategies and campaigns that appeal to the business community and beyond for events
- Track event expenses and manage budget, produce event timelines and contact sheets
- Responsible for researching and presenting to potential new donor prospects and/or key industry stakeholders
- Responsible for executing various administrative duties including preparations for meetings and events
- Other development projects/events as assigned
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s career center. Application without a cover letter will not be reviewed.