Jun 02, 2021
Austin, TX, USA
Executive Management (CEO/ED)
About the Opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas (BBBS) seeks a President, a new position, to collaborate with the CEO and the Board of Directors to deliver a vision for BBBS through its next phase of growth. They will ensure BBBS’ fiscal, fundraising and development, marketing and communications, human resources, and operations strategies are effectively implemented across the organization alongside the CEO. Specifically, the President will act as a trusted thought partner with the CEO to support management of BBBS leadership team and staff and align overall business processes.
Key Priorities & Responsibilities:
Executive Leadership & Strategy:
- Collaborate with the CEO and the Board of Directors to refine the organization’s vision for growth and develop and implement a strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with BBBS’ core mission.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all staff and reinforce a culture of empowerment and accountability that empowers staff to perform at its best to bring their content expertise fully to bear and drive them to action.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals. Build, in partnership with the CEO, diverse and inclusive Board representation reflective of the community that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources.
- Co-design strategic board and committee meeting presentations with the CEO, and coordinate content along with senior leadership team.
Community Engagement and Development:
- Inspire others through a genuine passion for the mission and bring community groups together under a common goal for youth in Central Texas to reach their full potential.
- Lead development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from corporations, major donors, foundations and government agencies.
- Oversee a successful fund development strategy, working closely with the Vice President of Development and CEO to steward existing supporters and increase current levels of giving while identifying new and sustainable funding sources.
- Deepen relationships with diverse community stakeholders (nonprofits, for-profit leaders, corporations, funders, public officials, advocacy groups and individuals new to the Austin area) to advance initiatives, partnerships, and to increase awareness and outcomes.
Operations and Financial Oversight:
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long-term and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Confidently and consistently oversee the day-to-day operations and organizational administration of BBBS, to minimize obstacles, and advocate for resources that ensure short and long-term success.
- Drive excellence while inspiring senior team and staff to galvanize collective talent and efforts to grow organizational impact and scale.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Central Texas
The ideal candidate leads with honesty and integrity. They are an innovative and visionary leader that inspires others with a deep commitment and passion for the mission of BBBS. They demonstrate proven experience leading an organization or equivalent department and building meaningful community relationships.
BBBS invited feedback from staff, board, and community members to identify the top competencies and attributes they would like to see from the President:
- Effective communicator
- Strategic thinker and leader
- Relationship builder
- Inclusive and culturally responsive approach
The staff and board also identified the most important Experiences and Strengths of a President, which include:
- Leading the development and execution of a vision
- Leading an organization through significant growth and transition
- Leading fundraising and revenue generation in nonprofit community
- Leading and developing partnerships with aligned public, private, and community organizations
The President will ensure that BBBS’ fiscal operations, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organizations. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have a background in nonprofit leadership, excellent oral and written communication skills, success with fundraising and revenue generation, a strong understanding of financial management, and is culturally competent.
All candidates considered must have the following basic qualifications:
- A combination of education and experience in nonprofit administration, business management, organizational development, or similarly related areas.
- Extensive leadership experience at the executive or senior management level, ideally overseeing multiple and varied functions of a dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth.
All candidates meeting basic qualifications must have:
- Deep experience vision-casting, building and executing strategic plans as well as managing staff and board work plans to meet goals
- Experience with fundraising, development and/or relationship building
- Proven success guiding staff and board through significant transitions and organizational growth.
- Aligned values and beliefs with the mission of BBBS. A strong dedication and passion for creating and supporting all youth reaching their full potential
- Accomplished in managing business operations and financials
- Strong experience building and managing high-performing teams with a positive workforce culture, especially as it relates to addressing and prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion
In addition, BBBS would also prefer:
- Deep knowledge of the Central Texas and rapidly evolving community and/or experience entering into a new community and quickly connecting and understanding dynamics and building new relationships
- Experience building and scaling operations in a fast-paced and mission-driven environment and proven capacity to set priorities.
- Experience working within a nonprofit affiliate structure with a National chapter
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience working in collaborative, shared leadership team structures
Education, Youth Development
BBBS honors transparency and will provide employment benefit information to candidates who are invited to the second interview stage of the hiring process so that all candidates can make an informed decision. Benefits do include employer-covered health care, retirement plan, life insurance, paid time off, plus additional benefits.
BBBS offers a salary that is competitive with industry standards. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and our salary range is available upon request by qualified applicants.
For a live link to the full job profile, see here. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and up to five references, to BBBS@MissionCapital.org
In the subject line, please include “BBBS President Search.”
The position will remain open until filled but applicants are highly encouraged to submit their materials by June 25th, 2021 to ensure full consideration.