Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operation responsibility for Scientista's national staff, programs, expansion, fundraising and execution of its mission. She or he will nitially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
This is a part-time, paid, remote positions. For the right person, there is the opportunity for this to develop into a full time role.
Leadership and Management:
- Ensure continued functioning of the organization by overseeing all daily operations and programs; ensure programmatic excellence, and rigorous program evaluation; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Scientista volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising and Communications:
- Expand and oversee fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Establish regular communications with the funders and serve as point of contact for funders
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications - from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a strong brand
Planning & New Business
- Design and oversee the national and international expansion of the Scientista brand
- Build and maintain existing partnerships with relevant organizations and companies
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Scientista's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience, with a strong preference for fundraising experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree with at least three (3) years of work experience
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-drive, and self-directed
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-drive program evaluation
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
Preferred experience and skills
- Track record of effective leader and regionally and/or internationally scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organization management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performing teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communication with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
This is a paid position. We are prepared to offer a competitive part-time salary based on experience level, with the opportunity for increase based on performance.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply at your earliest possible convenience.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of fundraising experience as well as a 4 year degree. A proven track record of fundraising and grant writing is preferable.
Environment, Higher Education, Science/Technology
To apply for this position, please submit your application via the following google form