Do you have big ideas, a passion for thinking outside of traditional methods, and a strong desire to innovate?
Our Post-Secondary Education team at the Charles Koch Foundation (part of the Stand Together philanthropic community) is working to close the sizable gaps in how our current post-secondary education model truly prepares students to enter the workforce and pursue a career. We are working to reimagine the system and build a network of similarly motivated stakeholders, supporters, donors, and advocates.
In this role, you will help us build out our partnership and fundraising strategy with a focus on cultivating and stewarding long-term sustainable partnerships with businesses, foundations, and institutions. Every day you will evolve our partnership and fundraising strategy and work with a sizable team of development professionals to identify, engage, and cultivate mutually beneficial partnership opportunities. This is a high-impact role with the opportunity to materially impact the direction of post-secondary education and help people improve their lives.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Lead major partnership-based initiatives that have the potential to transform post-secondary education, including:
- Develop a strategic framework for approaching high-value and non-traditional partners with investment opportunities - with a primary focus on finding partners that share our vision on the direction of post-secondary education
- Recommend experiments to leadership and development team stakeholders
- Execute 6-10 key cultivation experiments in year one to build major fundraising partnerships resulting in 3-5 new corporate/foundation investments
- Collaborate with Stand Together's development team to improve our approach with alma-mater-focused philanthropists
- Collaborate with activation campaign and brand positioning leads to ensure that we’re reaching key strategic investors with our messaging
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 7+ years of experience in a fundraising and relationship management role with demonstrated examples of entrepreneurial and innovative approaches
- Building partnerships at the intersection of post-secondary education and the private sector highly preferred
- Knowledge and direct experience in education policy or practice highly preferred
- A demonstrated interest and passion for a multitude of education opportunities and a willingness to work with a variety of different partners
- Ability to establish trust and credibility quickly and build effective relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism with an ability to translate complex ideas into terms that all can understand
- Enthusiasm and connection to the organizational vision
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to build and manage partnerships
We believe employees should be rewarded for the value they create toward our community’s shared success. Our philanthropic community has established a wide range of foundational benefits for our employees. You can find a summary of our employee benefits here.
Please visit our careers portal to learn more about our community and apply for this role. To view all our openings visit standtogether.org/careers.