Jun 07, 2021
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly
New York, NY, USA
Project EATS (PE) seeks an experienced development professional to join its dynamic and growing team as Director of Development. This is a senior management position and reports to the President.
Plans, directs, coordinates and engages in ongoing foundation and corporate fundraising with the following duties: providing leadership and coordination for the identification, analysis, solicitation and cultivation of potential foundation and corporate prospects and donors. Plans, directs and manages major and online donor activity. Plans, directs and manages fundraising events in collaboration and coordination with the Finance and Fundraising Committee of Project EATS’ Board of Directors.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research public and private grant agencies, foundations and corporations to identify potential sources of funding for food insecurity and access, local food systems, nutritional health, social art and community vitality. Identify, cultivate and steward portfolio of current and potential donors by maintaining adequate contact, and by writing, proofreading and submitting persuasive proposals and informative reports.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a foundation and corporate relations workplan. Oversee timely tracking and provide analysis of foundation and corporate giving.
- Schedule and coordinate Project EATS site visits with foundation and corporate representatives.
- Prepare and submit interim and final reports for grants the outcomes and impact achieved.
- Develop, cultivate, and manage online donors. Develop materials and implement online campaigns.
- Plan and manage fundraising events.
- Work with program staff and Chief Operating Officer to: identify funding potential for programmatic initiatives and possible pilot programs within context of organization’s strategic plan; and track progress against grant requirements and fundraising goals; and propose strategies for course corrections as needed
- Attend community meetings and events, as well as engage in foundation/corporate visits.
- ly and maximize available resources
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a grant writing or development role, especially writing new grant proposals and concept notes for institution-wide support
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Budgeting – ability to forecast and track revenue and expenses for all foundation and corporate relations activities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. Ability to prioritize activities and organize duties and assignments.
- Ability to identify and research prospective major, corporate and foundation donors using all available resources including foundation center databases.
- Strong ability to compose letters and other printed materials
- Extreme attention to detail
- Diplomatic with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner without supervision
- Familiar with nonprofit organizations and funders
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Proactively looks for ways to avert or solve problems
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university, with a minimum of six years training/experience in a sophisticated fundraising environment, including grant writing, online donors, fundraising events, and corporate and foundation activities
MANDATORY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound judgement and unquestionable integrity
- Team player, committed to PE’s mission and culture of prioritizing the team above the self
- Proactivity to develop and improve skills and experience
- Self-motivation, action-orientation and foresight
- Willingness to go the extra mile when needed to meet PE standards
- Adaptability to make adjustments on the f
Arts, Culture and Humanities, Food/Agriculture/Nutrition, Foundation/Grantmaking
Eligible for paid vacation and employer-paid medical insurance after 90-day wait period.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Project EATS
where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and
qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference,
age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected
characteristic as established under law.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO CALLS, please.