Roca is a fast-paced, data-driven, and relentless organization that serves over 1,300 high-risk young people every year. Founded just outside of Boston in 1988, Roca operates a nationally acclaimed Intervention Model with five sites in Massachusetts and one in Baltimore, Maryland.
Over 33 years, Roca has learned that to impact urban violence, we must work directly with the young people and systems at the center of it. Roca’s Intervention Model engages this population of very high-risk young adults in an intensive four-year program to address trauma, teach life-saving cognitive-behavioral skills, and break the cycle of incarceration and poverty that traditional youth programs alone can’t break. And, because it takes all of us, Roca also helps institutions like police and state agencies change the way they work with young people who are traumatized and living at the intersection of gangs, drugs, poverty, violence, immigration challenges, and involvement with multiple public systems.
The Executive Vice President of Administration & Shared Services will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative executive and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and revenue generation.
The Executive Vice President of Administration & Shared Services will play a critical role in partnering with other members of the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Roca continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
The Executive Vice President of Administration & Shared Services provides oversight to a series of shared services across the organization including finance, revenue generation, facilities and vehicles, IT, and human resources. There is a strong team of leadership in each of these areas and this key Executive Team member will oversee the coordination of this work and its integration with the Roca Programming Teams. The Executive Vice President of Administration & Shared Services must be able to understand the organization as a whole and drive shared services to support programmatic growth and innovation. They must understand both the rules of financial management and how those can be flexibly used to meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide organizational oversight for all financial management and accounting functions for the organization.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate financial strategies to allow for the growth and development of the organization.
- Understand and develop a range of financial modeling allowing for a wide variety of funding sources and integration into program operations.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO and Finance department; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- From a financial and resource perspective, advise on the strategy for the organization.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors and Executive Team of the organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Serve as the organization’s lead in ensuring the integration of financial management and revenue generation activities.
- Expand the culture of philanthropy at Roca by serving as a senior advisor to the CEO on all issues related to revenue generation and providing effective leadership to the revenue generation team as well as the Board of Directors.
- Work with Revenue Generation & Communications to oversee revenue generation functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Ability to develop alternative revenue sources and financially model how those might impact the organization. (i.e. Roca is currently working to develop Medicaid as a sustainable funding stream for the organization. This includes a range of activities from understanding the possibilities of the funding source, to negotiating access to the funding source, completing appropriate financial modeling and piloting all aspects of data collection financial management for the new funding source.)
- Work closely with the Roca Board of Directors and key staff to provide strategic direction and innovation to the revenue equation for Roca and expanding partnerships with foundations and corporations.
- Serve as a key linkage between revenue generation activities, financial management and programmatic services for all Roca programs and sites.
- Work with Human Resources to further develop Roca’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Oversee the development and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Oversee risk mitigation for the organization.
Facilities and IT
- Oversee all facilities and expansion of facilities across the organization.
- Oversee all information technology work, ensuring appropriate security and risk management policies are in place and that the data needs of the organization are being met.
Human Services, Mental Health/Crisis Intervention, Social Justice
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes: medical, dental and vision, 403(b), PTO and mental wellness benefits.
Please include a thoughtful cover letter and resume to our website.