Jun 10, 2021
Arlington, VA (currently remote)
Stand Together is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Strategic Analysis team, which develops and executes research and analysis across a broad range of landscapes to inform organizational strategies and investments. This role supports a robust and diverse community of organizations to build partnerships across business, philanthropy, communities, and government in order to drive progress on society’s most complex challenges.
As a Research Analyst, you will support our Strategic Partnerships capability and provide data-driven insights and guidance to the team on the landscape of partner organizations in order to identify and optimize highly leveraged partnership opportunities. Every day, you will work with our Strategic Partnerships organization and conduct research on a diverse range of organizations spanning from philanthropy to pop culture. To thrive in this role you must have experience executing and presenting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis with examples of how your work has helped organizations make better decisions.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Conduct and drive qualitative research and analysis on influencers and organizations to identify and assess potential partners along vision, values, and complementary capabilities
- Facilitate and manage proactive and reactive projects, working with a team of research analysts to ensure all products meet product quality standards and customer needs
- Perform research using a variety of online sources, tools, and databases
- Work collaboratively with team members and internal partners
- Consistently reevaluate and improve existing processes and knowledge systems to best support partners
- Connect product, insights, and processes to Strategic Partnerships team vision, strategies, and risk tolerance
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 3+ years experience in research and analysis
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of qualitative information into meaningful insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Experience in developing customized, clear and professional reports for projects and customers exercising strict attention to detail, and strong writing skills
- Ability to drive a broad portfolio of projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with due diligence
- Familiarity with tools like LexisNexis, Guidestar, and Foundation Center, as well as experience with public records research and social listening tools
- Market knowledge of advancements and innovations in pop culture, politics, and policy
- Experience managing projects and tracking deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high sense of urgency
- Experience in leading a team
- Understanding and excitement for the organization’s vision
Advocacy/Social Action, Public Policy, Social Justice
We believe employees should be rewarded for the value they create toward our community’s shared success. Our philanthropic community has established a wide range of foundational benefits for our employees. You can find a summary of our employee benefits here.
Please visit our careers portal to learn more about our community and apply for this role. To view all our openings visit standtogether.org/careers.