Jun 10, 2021
$75,000 - $95,000 yearly
The Foraker Group
Homer, Alaska, USA
Executive Management (CEO/ED)
Executive Director |Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic |Homer, Alaska
The Position: Executive Director
Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic (KBFPC) seeks an experienced nonprofit leader with a track record in managing change and a passion for reproductive education and health care to serve as their next Executive Director. The next executive will have the opportunity to lead the organization through a phase of accelerated growth and expansion, allowing it to continue with resiliency its 40-year legacy of serving the communities of the Southern Kenai Peninsula with crucial reproductive education and health care for both teens and adults. The ideal candidate will have successfully led other organizations through significant change; they will be an emotionally tuned, collaborative, and visionary leader skilled in managing issues of power, justice, and cultural sensitivity. The ideal candidate will additionally bring a track record of establishing and stewarding collaborative partnerships and of coalescing a team around strategic direction.
Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- An empowering, collaborative and visionary leader with a demonstrated history of building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff and Board, as well as with stakeholders, volunteers, institutional funders, donors, and community leaders; an open and transparent communication style.
- A skilled practitioner in issues of power, oppression and cultural sensitivity; embraces people who are diverse in race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, and sexual orientation; and has a demonstrated track record of developing and reinforcing diversity and equity in the workplace.
- A values driven individual committed to the KBFPC mission who will be a voice for accessible, trauma-informed family planning and sexual and reproductive health in Alaska.
- The ability to identify critical changes needed and shift them to opportunities that grow the organization’s resiliency.
- The ability to make and effectively communicate strategic direction and decisions while inspiring, motivating and engaging board, staff, volunteers and stakeholders through open and transparent communication.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Demonstrated success in leading an organization going through significant change: able to quickly digest information and distill underlying issues in a complex environment; able to design and implement a strategic and structured approach to lead the organization through a time of change; able to rapidly make and move on tough decisions; ability to understand cash flow management.
- Demonstrated organizational management experience, including coaching, managing, and developing high-performing teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives, and managing a budget.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and demonstrated innovative approach to business planning and development.
- Proven ability to nurture and sustain relationships with staff, board, and key community partners; working effectively in collaboration with the public, diverse groups of people and stakeholders.
- Experience serving as the primary spokesperson and representative for the agency; ability to advocate at the local, state and federal level.
- Five years executive nonprofit leadership experience preferred.
Healthcare, Youth Development
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $75,000 - $95,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic provides competitive benefits. The position requires periodic travel.
Read the full position profile and apply here (www.forakergroup.org/site/index.cfm/cboard-view/7808). Communications will be treated in confidence and resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Resume reviews begin immediately.