Aug 11, 2021
Environmental Defense Fund
New York, NY, USA
The Global Consolidations Accounting Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with US and international GAAP for foreign and US-based subsidiaries, and for leading the global consolidations and eliminations processes. The Accounting Manager will work closely with programs, regions, and departments to ensure reports and information unique to these areas can be readily produced in a timely and reliable manner. The Manager reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Accounting Operations.
Location: New York city preferred but other US offices okay.
MethaneSAT Project Accounting & Finance
- MethaneSAT Project includes the MethaneSAT, LLC and SATMgmt, LLC legal entities
- Assume ownership of the MethaneSAT finance & accounting policy & procedure documentation
- Develop and reliably deliver cash reporting unique to MethaneSAT which will include both internal reporting to monitor key cash balances and manage cash levels by working closely with treasury / banking team members
- Partner with Development to reconcile and analyze revenue projections, pledge receivables and to provide leadership on reporting to Donors
- Perform the accounting and reporting of capital expenditures.
- Perform required closing accounting entries, Prepare GAAP and operational financial statements
- Analyze monthly variance of performance vs. prior year and vs. budget performance and report on those to operating leadership and finance routinely
- Assist in the preparation of schedules related to the annual audit process and in preparation as required for annual tax filing requirements
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
Cross Entity and Global Consolidations Accounting
- Lead the Company in its pursuit of increased global consistency, increased automation, adoption of best practices and increased accuracy where possible in the company’s general ledger accounting and reporting processes.
- Review, update as necessary, and ensure compliance with the company’s International Intercompany Accounting Policy, provide training and oversee/approve changes to policy
- Clarify and strengthen the principle ledger of record during the transition from Great Plains to the cloud-based Oracle NetSuite Enterprise Resource Planning platform.
- Provide guidance to regional accounting teams on proper operational accounting processes.
- Perform month-end global consolidation process, including but not limited to:
- Entering monthly reporting packages into the general ledger
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and roll forwards for major accounts
- Analyzing financials for significant fluctuations and proper reporting presentation
- Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with internal and external auditors for foreign entities.
Environmental Defense Fund
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience includes 5 years of related work managing in accounting and financial operations
- CPA required
- Ability to problem solve and work independently, handling and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive projects with a firm commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Takes initiative actively engaging with all levels of staff and across all programs/departments
- Demonstrated success experience in non-US, global culture(s) for work/life as a key aspect of the role is to work closely with many and growing legal and programmatic presence outside the US.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with senior leaders and executives
- Non-profit experience a strong plus
- Audit experience a plus
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.