DREAM is seeking a dynamic and results-driven individual to serve as an Office Coordinator for DREAM’s East Harlem location. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director of Operations in the day-to-day operations of our network office as well supporting the day-to-day operations of our East Harlem Elementary and Middle School Operations Team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Operations, the Office Coordinator will have a significant role in ensuring efficient office operations while providing exemplary customer service. In addition to maintaining the network office’s administrative systems and routines, the Office Coordinator functions as a contact person for all of general inquiries. The Office Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operations of our network front desk, support with vendor management and invoicing, and support with the management of inventory and ordering. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the completion of expense reports for network staff and Director of Operations by collecting, filing and organizing receipts and other materials;
- Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping;
- Coordinate the intake of the organization’s incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. Postal Service and FedEx);
- Provide additional administrative support (i.e. ordering food, arranging transportation, etc.) as needed;
- Distribute payroll checks to staff and maintains accurate records of check distribution;
- Document and forward donation and grant checks appropriately;
- Organize, manage, and provide administrative support for special projects and events; undertake research projects; and collect and analyze data as background for meetings and special projects.
- Organizing and setting priorities among a variety of complex tasks, including a high volume of regularly occurring work and a constantly changing array of special projects and calendar demands.
- Identify, prepare and compile necessary materials to ensure that the Managing Directors team has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events and projects.
- Provide reception coverage for our network office front desk;
- Field telephone calls and visit requests; decide daily which inquiries can be handled directly and which to refer elsewhere.
- Oversee DREAM’s delivery system and arranges for deliveries, as appropriate;
- Keep the office neat and organized.
- Act as liaison between all departments/staff within the organization, as well as key external constituents.
- Maintain positive relationships with all staff;
- Coordinate ordering of general office and school supplies;
- Ensuring that Teacher Workroom is always stocked and has the necessary supplies for staff;
- Providing excellent administrative support to the Managing Directors to support them to achieve their goals. This would involve maintaining an emerging synthesis of projects, being able to proactively anticipate needs, and always managing a holistic view of priorities and deliverables.
- Support the Managing Directors’ calendars, supervising the response to requests for the Managing Directors’ time.
Apply on our careers page here.