Sep 10, 2021
$45,000 - $55,000 yearly
Great Hearts K-12 Academies
4801 East Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ, USA
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Great Hearts Phoenix Home Office
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
EEO Classification: Professional
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time ($45,000 - $55,000)
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR leadership in supporting designated Academies throughout the Great Hearts network. The role will focus on processing new hire onboarding and internal staffing changes while also carrying out responsibilities that involve supporting the following functional areas: employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, and employment and charter school law compliance. The HR Generalist will also play a valuable role in building effective relationships with all Great Hearts personnel, including within the HR team. The role should involve one who is purpose-driven, thrives in a team environment, creates solutions and is empathetic towards others.
Duties & Responsibilities
New Hire Onboarding
- Processes and tracks a high volume of new hire onboarding to include background screening, fingerprinting, collection of new hire forms, data entry and detailed follow-up with new hires and managers; regularly updates new hire tracker
- Completes the Form I-9 and E-Verify to maintain compliance
- Completes internal personnel status changes to include compensation calculations, at-will employment agreement generation and HRIS (UltiPro) entry
- Creates and performs regular audits by generating reports to ensure accuracy and compliance (such as tracking and updating fingerprint and certification data), and to accurately respond to HR data requests
- Performs intake of ER issues and escalates accordingly to HR Leadership
- Assists with guiding and recommending on employee disciplinary action by participating in ER review and discussions with HR team
- Partners with hiring managers to counsel and guide on salary recommendations, status changes and job descriptions
- Monitors and knowledgeably responds to a high volume of internal and external HR/Benefits inquiries.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Great Hearts policies and procedures; contribute to preparing and maintaining the employee handbook, including internal HR policies and processes.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including charter school law.
- Responds to and submits Worker’s Compensation claims, including maintaining OSHA logs and related records.
- Processes and responds in a timely manner to Unemployment Insurance claims.
- Contributes to developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Participates in department meetings and discussions to exchange ideas, recommendations, and create solutions
- Commits to exceptional customer service, confidentiality, and professionalism at all times
- Interacts with individuals/groups at every level of the organization
Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Great Hearts America
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management strongly preferred.
Experience: Must have 2-5 years of general Human Resources experience required.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills; oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build positive and strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Achievement-oriented, willingness to work hard and take satisfaction from being productive.
- Strong analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; ability to troubleshoot with little direction.
- Knowledgeable of Federal and Arizona employment law.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills, experience with UltiPro, Adobe Acrobat, and Taleo preferred.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Must possess or obtain valid Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP fingerprint clearance card.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 15 pounds approximately.
Travel required: May need to travel locally to the various academies within the Phoenix metro area.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts offers a highly competitive portfolio of employee benefits. Our goal is to provide
our employees and their loved ones with best-in-class health, well-being, financial security, and
peace-of-mind benefit products and services. We are committed to offering comprehensive
benefits at the lowest costs possible for both employee and dependent coverages.
To apply, please complete our online application using this link: