Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a non-profit organization in Bedford-Stuyvesant (Bed Stuy) Brooklyn, whose mission is to embrace the children of incarcerated parents and empower them to break the cycle of intergenerational involvement in the criminal justice system. CPNYC offers an innovative and unique mental health clinic, after-school program and summer day camp, the only one of its kind in New York City, specifically designed to meet the needs, interests and concerns of children left behind by parents serving time in prison.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
CPNYC seeks a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join the Development Department as a Development Operations Manager. The Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Development in all areas of resource development. The key role of the Development Operations Manager will be to ensure that the entire Development team is functioning at the highest level of effectiveness. The Development Operations Manager is responsible for managing and optimizing organizational development processes to increase funding revenue. The desired professional interfaces with key stakeholders such as the team, board members, donors, partners, and other key stakeholders. The person we seek to hire should possess exemplary management and communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, eagerness to excel in all responsibilities listed below.
The Development Operations Manager will also coordinate department functions including database and list management, prospect moves management, reporting, and donor research. In addition, s/he will work closely with the Finance department to manage development income transferal and ensure all income is being recorded and reconciled across our systems. The position will also interface with various agency partners and represent a major factor on the team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise Development Associate
- Implement procedures for the entire department, in partnership with the Director of Development and the President.
- Develop written instructions of SOP and Annual Workplan for new and current staff members to ensure team members comply with process improvements.
- Work with CPNYC Committees - Women in Philanthropy Group, Young Professionals Group and the Board of Directors and other stakeholders, such as volunteers and mentors to engage them in raising funds and promoting events.
- Serve as a member of the Young Professional’s Council and primary point person for all council member communication including (scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, sending reminders, archiving meeting minutes, etc.)
- Develop relationships with corporate executives in the Tri-State area and beyond to support CPNYC’s mission and work
- Engage influencers and movers and shakers who are passionate about human rights and criminal justice reform as potential partners/ambassadors
- Plan and execute appropriate and meaningful volunteer experiences in collaboration with the Director of Development with a strategic focus to significantly increase the number of volunteers, corporate engagements and other funding opportunities.
- Work with the team to create and implement a effective moves management system using our Salesforce database, and other tools, enabling development team members, organizational leadership and board members to meet more prospects and close more gifts from individual donors, corporations and foundations.
- Design dashboards and reports to provide succinct, clear picture of contacts, cultivation lifecycle, stewardship activity, revenue performance and trends.
- Conduct research and identify new individuals, corporate partners and foundations. Create a pipeline for cultivation and solicitation of each group.
- Manage implementation of ongoing communication strategies to keep corporate partners engaged in CPNYC’s work including but not limited to engagement through special events and campaigns.
- Refine and improve grant tracking system which oversees the life cycle of a grant from proposal through reporting and payment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce preferred
- 4+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or volunteer management
- Strong customer service experience
- Proven track record of coordinating successful (fundraising) events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with Mailchimp and Squarespace preferred
- Great attention to detail, manage multiple projects and respond timely with deadlines
- Relevant experience working with confidential information; extremely reliable
- Excellent team player and be open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands
- Proven participation and ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and management staff for the purposes of achieving goals/objectives
Advocacy/Social Action, Social Justice, Youth Development
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.