Sep 23, 2021
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
Our Senior Corporate Development Manager is one of our key deal-makers and relationship builders. In this role, you’ll interface with executives of Fortune 500 companies to identify and initiate new contacts, establish long-term relationships, strengthen existing partnerships, and secure significant funding to support Trevor’s life-saving programs. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about our work and brings industry-specific expertise to broaden Trevor’s portfolio of corporate partners.
What you’ll do
- Build the strategy for substantial growth ($500k+ partnerships), identify potential partners with alignment with our mission and develop new pitches and partnerships within industries you manage to support Trevor’s programs
- Lead partnerships with some of Trevor’s largest corporate partners
- Serve as the direct Manager for a Corporate Development Associate
- Guide your corporate partners through each step of the sales cycle -- from prospecting to pitching to contracting and partnership launch
- Project manage and track deliverables for current partnerships with stakeholders across Trevor, ensuring seamless execution to drive them to success and long-term growth
- Ensure all partnerships you manage follow industry best practices -- centering Trevor’s impact, meeting legal requirements, and promoting inclusion for the diverse LGBTQ community
- Oversee successful execution of cause marketing campaigns in collaboration with Trevor’s marketing and communications teams
- Help develop compelling proposals working alongside program and finance leadership. Track partnership impact against our goals in collaboration with program, finance, and marketing teams to communicate back to partners and show our progress
- Represent Trevor’s mission in presentations for corporate partners and audiences
- Be a liaison between corporate partners and internal teams by helping to align on shared vision, goals, and projects -- while navigating any challenges that may arise with a positive, solutions-orientation
- Build strong professional relationships with corporate partners leadership
- Contribute to building an evolving corporate partnership model at Trevor. Serve as a leader on our team, bringing new ideas and ways to build, scale, and manage corporate partnerships
The Trevor Project
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You have lots of ideas and know how to take a leadership role in turning them into reality. You’re a self-starter and see problems as opportunities to try another idea. You can think on the spot and troubleshoot any challenge that comes to our team with grit, creativity, and optimism.
- Fluent in corporate communications. You are comfortable talking and working with senior corporate leaders and can understand their priorities. You know how to write one-sheets, build pitch decks, and develop compelling written proposals that excite the reader. You know how to use corporate-speak to help companies understand the power of social good. You are clear, concise, and compelling in your communication.
- Relationship builder. You understand relationships are at the core of any successful partnership and instinctively know how to build strong business and personal relationships. You’re a natural collaborator, curious, and believe that for you to win, the team has to win. You inspire others to follow your vision.
- Experienced. You have significant experience in fundraising, sales, business development, and/or strategic partnerships, ideally working on national non-profit/for-profit partnerships generating a minimum of $100k+. You are a sales leader with a deep understanding of how to create and move leads through a pipeline, fully owning each part of the sales process and thinking creatively about how to identify and close deals. Ideally, you also have experience in People Management and understand how to work with direct reports to accomplish collective goals.
- Knowledgeable. You know the value corporations bring to nonprofits (and vice versa) and are skilled in identifying how such mutually beneficial relationships can be deployed to reach an organization's mission. You recognize what the ingredients of a successful and impactful cause marketing campaign are.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities, while guiding your direct report to do the same. You are able to travel up to 30% of the time (once it’s safe to do so).
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage multiple complex projects meeting tight deadlines. Two of your favorite words are “process” and “systems,” and you know how to work with cross-functional partners to develop the best ways to collaborate. You work smart, not hard. You have a strong attention to detail and consistently deliver work that is error-free and comprehensive based on the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day.
- Fun. The work we do is serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should, too.
Advocacy/Social Action, Mental Health/Crisis Intervention, Youth Development
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend and reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered - use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Senior Corporate Development Manager at Trevor specifically!