The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) is a small but growing Christian non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. We are seeking a proactive, customer service-oriented Receptionist & Human Resources Assistant to provide hospitality, organization, and administrative support to our Washington D.C. office. This person will report to the Associate Vice President, People & Engagement (Human Resources) providing clerical support for day-to-day office operations and administrative support for human resources.
The Receptionist & Human Resources Assistant will be the first impression of the organization for all guests whether in person or on the phone, so hospitality and a desire to assist people efficiently and effectively whether that is directing them to the appropriate staff member or finding the answer yourself, is key in this position. This position must maintain positive working relationships and provide excellent service to fellow employees to support the Associate Vice President and human resources department.
We are a relatively small, global organization with an ambitious mission, so we are looking for colleagues who are flexible, adaptable, committed to the mission, and able to take on challenges as they arise. A successful candidate must be an activator, a problem solver, and have the ability to deal with and prioritize many, sometimes competing tasks.
COVID-19 and Work Note: This position is not eligible for remote work, and will need to be available to work in the office 5 days per week.
CCCU employees are required to adhere and agree to follow certain guidelines and procedures while working in the office to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Vaccinations are not mandated at the CCCU but strongly encouraged.
- Manage the reception area by opening and closing the office daily, greeting and providing hospitality to guests, and ensuring the space is tidy
- Accept, screen and route calls and general email inquiries to appropriate colleague and/or provide the solution
- Manage postage and shipping needs of the CCCU including tracking and managing all incoming mail/packages, assisting staff with their shipping/mailing needs, and being the point of contact for the postage machine vendor
- Inventory, track, and reorder office and hospitality supplies as needed
- Maintain the staff master calendar
- Help maintain data and assist with data entry queries on the CCCU’s database system (iMIS)
- Conduct research projects and support fellow staff as approved by Supervisor
Human Resources Support
- Provide general administrative support to Supervisor including but not limited to: scheduling, assisting with email correspondence, taking notes, arranging travel, and processing monthly credit card report
- Assist in the comprehensive hiring process, including posting jobs, applicant tracking and communication, coordinating interviews, conducting background checks, and assisting with onboarding
- Help compile and maintain accurate paper and electronic employee records while maintaining data integrity and confidentiality
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Administer, compile, and track quarterly and annual human resources projects and activities such as leave trackers, 90 day and annual performance evaluations, worker’s comp audit, annual benefits open enrollment, etc.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refer more complex questions to Supervisor
- Coordinate the planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, holiday parties, etc.
- Research current employee legislation, policies, and other pertinent information
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Application should include:
- Cover letter
- Resume including at least 3 references who can speak to your faith, character, and professional experience. References should include name, phone and email address, and their relationships to you. NOTE: We will not contact without your prior approval.
- A statement of your Christian faith
Persons applying for the position should:
- Have a strong appreciation for the Christian mission and purpose of the CCCU and its GlobalEd programs
- Affirm the Nicene Creed
- Be able to be in the office Monday – Friday and punctual
- Possess a positive and helpful attitude
- Be detail-oriented, highly organized yet flexible
- Be able to manage multiple, sometimes competing tasks simultaneously
- Be able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner
- Possess the ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions, demonstrating patience and persistence to get a resolution
- Must be able to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- Must be proficient and experienced in using the Microsoft Suite of products including Office, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Teams
- Enjoy the challenges and opportunities that come with tedious administrative tasks
- Be a self-starter who uses slow times to plan for future tasks or finds things that can be done to be helpful to the organization
- Be a learner
- Be an activator
- Genuinely enjoy working with and speaking to new people on the phone and in-person
- Have a good sense of humor
- Previous experience in human resources and/or basic understanding of employment law a plus.
- Have experience working with databases (iMIS preferred)