Oct 20, 2021
$50,000 - $60,000 yearly
One Earth Future Foundation
Broomfield, CO, USA
Research and Development
Future Labs Grant Specialist
For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. Future Labs (www.futurelabs.org) is the new initiative development department of OEF.
With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
The Grant Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the production of all materials related to the grant application process from identifying and qualifying prospects, to writing proposals and reports, to collecting data, budgets, and all relevant documents from a variety of departments. Additionally, the Grant Specialist will support the Program Manager in tracking the grant cycle from prospect stage through completion, and making sure that associated oversight materials are collected from Compliance and submitted in a timely manner. The Grant Specialist is responsible for completing assignments with demanding deadlines and being a productive member of collaborative cross-team initiatives. This position reports to the Program Manager of Future Labs but will also work closely with other leadership and staff on a project-by-project basis.
The OEF office operates on a hybrid in-office/work from home model, and this position may have the option for some remote work.
- Responsibility for researching, writing, compiling, and supporting the timeline management of all grants. This includes maintaining and overseeing workflow processes and procedures to ensure accurate and efficient collection of materials and their timely submission.
- Write grant applications and all reports and conduct prospect research on new opportunities that align with One Earth Future’s mission. Grant writing will include a range of funding sources including private foundations, government grants, development finance institutions, and international funding sources.
- Work with all departments to collect and synthesize data. Oversee grant workflow processes related to data entry to ensure adequate internal controls and that all grants data is accurate.
- Provide linkages between program directors, Accounting, Compliance, Communications and other staff so that all activities related to grant data collection and reporting are smoothly implemented.
- Work with the Compliance department to ensure compliance with IRS regulations and One Earth Future’s requirements for grants.
- Work closely with the Impact, Learning, and Accountability (Monitoring and Evaluation) department to respond to requests for special reports, collaterals, and non-grant materials with a strategic perspective.
- Provide research for strategic fundraising outreach and partnership building.
- Provide general support to the research and development (Future Labs) department during peak periods.
- Perform other duties as needed.
One Earth Future Foundation
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Competences:
This role requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can complete duties to a high degree, as assigned, and on time. Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with grant tracking software.
- 2-3 years experience as a grant writer in the nonprofit sector or comparable operating environment. Knowledge in international relations, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or related fields.
- Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise, and analytic in style.
- Ability to write for various audiences including foundations, donors, and broader general constituencies.
- Comfortable with data management and administration.
- Superb organizational skills and proven research abilities.
- A proactive and efficient approach to work and completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn rapidly, prioritize workloads, and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy with a positive attitude.
- Strong computer and word processing skills using Google Suite and MS Office.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Passion for working in a team environment.
- Commitment to One Earth Future’s vision, mission, and values (www.oneearthfuture.org).
- Experience or interest in geographies where One Earth Future operates.
- Experience working with international and government based grants preferred (e.g., USAID).
- Experience researching funding opportunities, grant proposals, and profiling funding entities.
- Past experience in data collection processes and/or interpreting business documents.
- Past experience in and/or comfortable working across departments to complete tasks and dealing with ambiguity.
- Past experience creating, improving, and/or implementing administrative processes and procedures.
- Spanish and/or Somali language fluency
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
International/Foreign Affairs, Think Tank
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, and a 401k.
Please submit your resume and cover letter using the link provided.