Jan 10, 2022
Pizza to the Polls
General Duties & Time Commitment
- Attends regular board meetings - approximately four per year.
- Ability to work with a remote-first organization using Slack and Zoom
- Participates in fundraising where applicable
- Participates in operational assistance where applicable
- Participates in/manages committees
- Reviewing of documents and responding to requests for input in a timely manner
Responsibility & Authority
- Board members are accountable to each other and are charged with the long term fiscal and organizational health of the organization.
- Each voting board member will be able to cast their vote for the organization’s proposed budget, strategic direction, and director level hiring decisions.
- Board members are responsible for attending regular board meetings and participating in decisions via Slack.
- Board members are encouraged to help the organization fundraise and assist operationally but there are no firm requirements for fundraising or a yearly donation of a board member’s time.
- Terms are two years
- Board members can submit their resignation to the board and an interim replacement will be selected by the board members to serve the rest of their terms.
- A board member or officer can be removed by a majority vote of the current board.
Pizza to the Polls
- Expertise in one or more of the following skillsets:
- Non-Profit fundraising and access to funders
- Communications & PR strategy
- Treasurer experience and skills
- Nonprofit operations and compliance best practices
- Excited by the Pizza to the Polls’ mission of feeding hungry people across the country and making civic engagement fun.
- Interpersonal skills and able to work with a wide variety of volunteers, funders, and staff members to help fulfill our organization’s mission.
- A problem solver who’s interested and excited to find scrappy solutions to tough challenges
- Non-partisan but commitment to civic engagement for all
Advocacy/Social Action, Food/Agriculture/Nutrition, Human Services
Please submit your resume and two referrals to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com