Jan 11, 2022
$75,000 - $90,000 yearly
195 Montague Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Common Impact has built the leading model for corporate skills-based volunteering, connecting talented professionals from global companies to high-potential nonprofits. As corporate engagement and investment in social challenges deepens, Common Impact is evolving to meet the new demands of the field. In 2020, Common Impact embarked on a three-year strategic plan to significantly increase the scope of its impact through targeted partnerships, the development of new SBV models and the identification of critical social sector projects where corporate talent can play a transformational role.
The Director, Marketing will be responsible for co-creating and implementing the marketing and content strategy driving this expansion by growing and measuring our brand visibility across owned and earned platforms. The Director will work closely with the Chief Partnerships Officer as a member of the Partnerships & Marketing team, and will manage the Senior Manager, Marketing. Together, we will drive implementation of a marketing and content strategy that expands the thought leadership presence and visibility of our brand and ultimately drives revenue and impact.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a proven practitioner who knows the day-to-day marketing work well and is ready to take that to the next level in a leadership and strategy-setting role. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about our values and commitment to anti-racism. They will also be a creative and organized communicator and leader who is equal parts writer, project manager, strategist, content creator, and thoughtful people manager.
- Marketing Strategy: You will be responsible for co-creating the marketing strategy and leading implementation across platforms – website, podcast, social media, blog, e-mail marketing, external conferences and awards, collateral, earned media – to yield measurable business development and brand outcomes. You will define success metrics and lead marketing-related data analytics.
- Audience Engagement: You understand that an organization’s audience is an important asset that requires active nurturing, building, and engagement. Leveraging your knowledge, excitement, and past success with community building, you’ll grow our social media audiences, curate content for different audiences, and engage Common Impact staff, clients, and volunteers as ambassadors for our work.
- Storytelling: You will be one of CI’s key storytellers, translating our vision and on-the-ground program work into a powerful, compelling story that activates new champions of our mission. You’ll make what looks like an ordinary database build sound like the transformational work it often is. You’ll put a face on our work by showcasing the life and career changing stories of individuals engaged in our programs. Create compelling written and visual content. Support executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important messages.
- Project and content management: Manage the organization’s editorial calendar and monthly content planning process, engaging external vendors (such as our freelance designer and/or PR firm) and collaborators across the organization.
- Industry Awareness and Expertise: Keep a pulse on the multiple industries that Common Impact’s work touches, including nonprofit capacity building, CSR, talent and leadership development among others. Stay abreast of the latest happenings, forums, news and models that are emerging in these industries in order to keep our content and positioning fresh and compelling.
- Enhancing the organizational culture at Common Impact: At Common Impact, we strongly believe that the spirit in which we do our work is as important as the work itself. We are committed to anti-racism. We pride ourselves on excellence, innovation, fostering collaboration between groups that might not otherwise interact, and a willingness to have fun with our A successful candidate for this position will also hold these values and be excited about the mission of Common Impact.
- Proven success creating and implementing marketing campaigns across multiple platforms. The candidate for this position should have a strong track record of developing and executing compelling and audience-building campaigns for social media, web, and digital collateral.
- An exceptional communicator, both orally and in writing. Candidates must enjoy and excel at communicating ideas and telling stories to a variety of audiences.
- Experience using relevant systems and technology. The Director, Marketing will work in – and supervise a team member who works in – a wide variety of systems, including Canva, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Anchor. The successful candidate will be technically proficient and creative in the application and innovation of systems to drive progress, track results and inform data-driven strategic choices. Wordpress experience preferred.
- Agile and organized working style to manage and consistently prioritize key initiatives and multiple projects with varying internal and external stakeholders.
- A visible excitement for Common Impact’s mission. The Director, Marketing must have a clear articulation, connection and passion for the mission and work of the organization.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, including people management and ideally across social sector and private firms, and a demonstrated commitment to working with diverse
Community/Capacity Building, Consulting/Advising
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $90,000 annually and commensurate with experience. Common Impact offers competitive benefits, including 3 weeks of vacation, 10 holidays, 12 sick days and the final week of the year off, a 401k plan and 2% match, paid parental leave, and medical and dental coverage.
Common Impact is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community and strongly encourages people of color to apply.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Common Impact’s NYC office and reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer. All Common Impact staff are working from home through at least December 2021.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com, with “Director, Marketing – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line (for example: Director, Marketing – Doe, Jane).