Rippleworks is a tight-knit, fast-moving, collaborative team, and ensuring that our team is set up to thrive is the most important investment we can make as we work every day to make the world better.
The Head of People and Culture will lead our efforts to ensure that Rippleworks is a great place to work by understanding and improving our employee experience, delivering our people programs, and being a primary culture carrier as we scale our diverse, inclusive, mission-driven team.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- People Strategy: Shape the future of our organization by serving as a core business partner to Rippleworks’ leadership team; diagnosing people needs and collaborating with teammates to deliver solutions
- Culture: Ensure we are living to our values and building a great culture; shape our people practices and policies to drive our aspirational culture; lead our culture survey implementation and action planning; ensure we have a healthy and engaging flexible, hybrid remote work environment
- Talent Acquisition: Be accountable for our recruiting and hiring process and oversee its success
- Onboarding: Lead our onboarding process for new employees to ensure an exception, inclusive and effective welcome.
- Employee Relations: Establish a safe place for employees; provide career counseling, listen to and address feedback and concerns in a highly professional, confidential and people-centered manner
- Learning & Growth: Manage and improve our career framework, talent reviews, promotion process, feedback process; support leadership development by coaching people managers; deliver learning & growth programs with exceptional value
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Serve as a key sponsor for our DEI vision; be accountable for people-related DEI goals and programs across the entire organization.
- Total Rewards: Own our total rewards program; manage our equitable and transparent salary structure; conduct salary reviews and annual market benchmarking
- Organizational Design: Ensure we have an optimal organizational structure that helps us achieve our mission and strategic goals
- Compliance: Maintain current knowledge of HR practices and regulations to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws
- Social Impact: You are deeply passionate about social impact and eager to work in a sector that helps improve people’s lives.
- Expertise in the People Function: You have a solid knowledge across all HR practices and in-depth expertise in at least a couple of them (e.g., talent development, total rewards, employee experience management, people operations). You are experienced at designing and implementing lightweight yet highly effective learning and growth programs and other core people practices (e.g., hiring, employee engagement) in pursuit of honoring an organization’s values and culture.
- Collaboration: You are an exceptional teammate, with a no-task-is-too-small mentality in helping teams reach their goals. You build trusting partnerships in a cross-team environment to meet shared objectives.
- Managing Diverse Relationships: You embrace and relate well to a wide variety of personalities, communication/thinking styles, cultures, backgrounds, and other qualities. You value differences and quickly find common ground, treating everyone fairly and equitably.
- Professionalism and Integrity: You have unquestionable personal integrity and maintain a high level of professionalism and credibility throughout all of your communications and actions. People trust you to safeguard and keep confidential all sensitive information.
- Planning and Aligning: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals; breaks down the bigger picture into smaller pieces and creates a path to accomplish the goal; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules; anticipates and iterates effective plans; anticipates and proactively solves problems.
- Employee Relations: Establish a safe place for employees; provide career counseling, listen to and address feedback and concerns in a highly professional, confidential and people-centered manner.
- Culture Ambassador: You appreciate and role model our values (Impact, People, Experimentation, Learning, and Fun). You care deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion and this guides your own behaviors as well as the strategies and programs that you develop and support.
- Agile Learning: You are open to feedback and learn actively through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as growth opportunities.
Apply directly here: https://apply.workable.com/rippleworks/j/5024B38CD8/