Innovate Public Schools is looking for a non-profit, strategic, and innovative leader to take our data & impact work to the next level. The position will be remote may be based out of any of our California offices (San Jose, San Francisco, Redwood City or Los Angeles, but working remotely until further notice) and reports to the VP, Finance & Strategy, and collaborates closely with the VP, Development.
About Innovate Public Schools
Innovate Public Schools is a nonprofit organization focused on improving public schools in the Bay Area to make sure that all students - especially low-income students and students of color - have access to schools that will prepare them for success in college, careers and life.
We publish easy-to-understand data and research to inform the public about which schools are excelling and which ones are struggling, as well as about the policy and school-based solutions that work. We work with educators from both school districts and charter schools to start excellent new public schools and redesign chronically low-performing schools. And we support and empower parents in high-need communities so they can effectively advocate for better schools and sustain community efforts over the long term.
- Lead the current Data Team to implement company’s data strategy
- Monitor progress toward annual, quarterly, and interim priorities.
- Lead the Data Team, including setting agendas for and facilitating team meetings to monitor progress, troubleshoot and set future priorities.
- Manage team members to ensure accurate data reporting.
- Develop, manage and maintain all budget items pertaining to the work of the Data Team to ensure that all work and personnel decisions/costs are considered and completed on-time and within budget.
- Use data to track the impact of our organization
- Support the organization in developing metrics to track outcome data stemming from the Theory of Change process
- Support the organization in facilitating quarterly step-backs with Leadership Team and teams across the organization on progress to goals
- Support development team in establishing metrics for grant proposals, interim, and final reports
- Manage all administrative aspects of evaluation, including budget, staffing, data collection logistics, analysis and other related duties as necessary.
- Liaison between internal teams to report out on data received.
- Champion the importance of data and lead the organization to becoming a data driven organization
- Maintain & continuously improve the interconnected data infrastructure
- Ensure all interconnected data infrastructure is maintained and functioning on a day-to-day basis (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Data Cloud)
- Ensure requests for changes to data systems (e.g., Salesforce) are addressed
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions with any systems, and act proactively and urgently to resolve issues, including acting as the main technical contact for external service providers and vendors
- Regularly assess our data systems to ensure they meet the changing needs of our organization, and recommend changes if needed
- Write and share clear documentation for internal and external team use on Innovate-specific processes related to data infrastructure
- Lead or participate in special projects as directed by the VP, Finance & Strategy
Community/Capacity Building, Education, Youth Development
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Innovate offers very generous benefits including:
- Health, and
- Dental insurance
- 20 days paid time off per year (increasing to 25 after 2 years of employment)
- two floating holidays
- 13-14 paid fixed holidays per year (including office closure between Dec 24th - New Years Day)
- 5% employer contribution to 401k.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and the unique skills and qualities you would bring to this leadership role.