Mar 31, 2022
School-Based Health Alliance
Research and Development
The Vice President for Quality, Research, and Evaluation (QRE) leads the QRE team, oversees its projects/initiatives and staff, and contributes to and supports other quality, research, and evaluation, activities of SBHA. The Vice President for QRE provides SBHA with in-house services and expertise on school-based health care quality improvement; program evaluation; and qualitative and quantitative research, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Leads and oversees all SBHA’s quality improvement and evaluation projects and activities, including the National Quality Initiative and National School-Based Health Care Census. Reports and presents on evaluation outcomes.
- Leads and oversees all SBHA’s data collection activities including survey development, deployment, analysis, and reporting.
- Leads and oversees all SBHA research and related publication efforts.
- Reviews, synthesizes, and contributes to the relevant and emerging research literature, reports, and best practices in school, child, and adolescent health, healthcare access and disparities, and social determinants of health.
- Serves as presenter, trainer, and expert faculty on webinars, trainings, and learning collaborative sessions related to SBHC quality improvement and outcomes measurement.
- Serves as SBHA’s Principal Investigator on research grants in which SBHA is sub-grantee.
- Supervises and mentors QRE team members.
- Represents SBHA at national, state, and local conferences and meetings in order to build new partnerships, raise the visibility of SBHA’s technical assistance and peer learning initiatives, and stays abreast of the latest developments in the field.
- Develops and cultivates partnerships with organizations working in the field, and identifies ways to identify new sources of grant funding for SBHC research and to broaden the array of resources available to SBHC field.
- Contributes to the development of long-term work plans, foundation proposals, and reports to funders related to SBHA’s work.
- Participates in assigned internal and external organizational committees and shared work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possibility of some travel.
School-Based Health Alliance
- Doctoral-level degree in public health evaluation or a related field
- Five to seven years combined evaluation, quality improvement, project management, and research experience, ideally within healthcare or school-based health care fields
- Experience with quality assessment and evaluation
- Experience in data collection and analysis using Qualtrics
- Experience in development of web-based resources, tools, and surveys.
- Familiarity with Zotero, Salesforce, Tableau, and Qualtrics software and database applications
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Experience working with minority and underserved communities, schools, education agencies, and/or SBHCs.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, utilities subsidy, continuing education allowance, short and long-term disability, generous PTO.
- SBHA team works remotely and has office space in D.C. This position can be fully remote.
Applicants must meet the minimum education and experience requirements to apply.
The School-Based Health Alliance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff. We strongly encourage candidates of color and traditionally excluded identities to apply. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: VP QRE. you require an accommodation to complete this job application, please email email@example.com.