The Director of Programs (DP) supervises and leads the programs team, works across the Programs and Consulting Teams and collaborates with the Quality Improvement, Research, and Evaluation Team to implement the organization's training, technical assistance, and consulting. The DP directs initiatives and delivers training and technical assistance that spans School-Based Health Center (SBHC) and school-based healthcare learning communities, start-up and business operations, clinical programming, sustainability, and quality improvement. The DP directs the School-Based Health Alliance’s efforts to grow and scale SBHC sustainable, high-quality models in Title 1 schools through consulting and programs. The DP has content expertise in the School-Based Health Alliance’s areas of expertise: SBHC start-up, business operations, telehealth, child and adolescent primary care and mental/behavioral health, improvement, social determinants of health, ACES, health equity, program management, and grants management.
- Direct, contribute to, and improve the School-Based Health Alliance’s programs, consulting, technical assistance (TA), and training visioning to reflect best practices in SBHCs for addressing the comprehensive health needs of children and adolescents.
- Lead programs and consulting projects, including oversight of project planning and implementation, delivering technical assistance, designing and delivering trainings, and related management.
- Research emerging and innovative school health care start-up and business operations strategies
- Develop and manage technical assistance partnerships with national coalitions, colleague organizations, and government agencies, including opportunities to partner on proposals, projects, and products designed to advance School-Based Health Alliance’s agenda
- Partner to secure funding to support programs, consulting, TA, and training priorities, including identifying funding prospects, participating in contract bid negotiations, and developing and maintaining relationships with funders and clients.
- Design and implement strategies for growing large TA and consulting projects and new program grants
- Collaborate in updating program and consulting tools and resources.
- Lead and direct project staff, deliverables, tasks, and practices, ensuring high-quality and timely work of self and others assigned to projects(s).
- Develop and monitor annual work plans and grant activities with milestones/benchmarks to measure progress
- Foster collaborative relationships with representatives of partner organizations, state affiliates, SBHC sponsoring agencies, school districts, and others.
- Liaise with grant program officers or clients. Manage the implementation of all requirements to funders, such as meetings, grants management, progress reports, continuation applications, and data requests.
- Lead, design, and direct virtual learning communities, such as the Project ECHO and CoIIN frameworks; develop curricula for these learning communities.
- Research best practices from the field and lead the development of new resources and innovative interactive in-person and virtual trainings such as webinars, workshops, case studies, toolkits, and issue briefs.
- Lead, mentor, and supervise program manager(s) and program associates.
- Manage program/project budgets.
- Represent SBHA at partner organization's conferences, webinars, and meetings.
- Manage and assist with annual conference program.
The School-Based Health Alliance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff. We strongly encourage candidates of color and traditionally excluded identities to apply. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Directror of Programs. If you require an accommodation to complete this job application, please email email@example.com.
Candidates without School-Based Health Care and School-Based Health Center Experience need not apply.