Mar 31, 2022
Due to COVID-19 this role is currently working primarily remotely. Once FareStart’s office fully reopens, this role will have regular onsite responsibilities in downtown Seattle.
The Workforce Development Program Manager works closely with the Director of Training Programs to plan, coordinate, and manage the creation and execution of high-quality workforce development programs within the food and other sectors, that support the strategic goals of the organization. This role provides leadership and support to a team of instructors as they train individuals from diverse racial, socioeconomic, LGBTQA+, and gender backgrounds in FareStart social enterprise businesses and with external employer partners. The Manager collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of our students, FareStart business operations, and external employer partners. This role works closely with other Programs managers to ensure a positive, equitable and healing environment for our students as they work to achieve their self-identified goals toward personal stability and economic mobility.
- Provide support and leadership to the team of programs instructors including hiring, developing, guiding, goal setting, and performance reviews
- Works closely with internal and external partners to develop new job training programs within the food sector and beyond, using a variety of service delivery methods
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to define scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes for new programs
- Oversees all adult workforce development programs that are executed both virtually and in-person
- Collaborates with the student support and youth programs teams to build strong partnerships, develop programs, and support program participants
- Collaborates with internal and external subject matter experts to plan and coordinate the instructional design of curriculum and training materials; maintain oversight of quality and consistency of these materials
- Works collaboratively with Programs Managers to address concerns raised by program participants and other team members in a manner consistent with the values of the organization
- Assists with preparation of the annual budget and oversee expenditures for programs
- Ensures assigned staff are trained to be able to provide a person-centered, trauma-informed, healing approach to working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Represent FareStart in the community and participate in external meetings, committees, and on boards as appropriate
- Support and promote the organization’s strategic plan and department priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Understands the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Extensive knowledge and experience in workforce development principles and practices and ability to implement best practices of service delivery models for people from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, LGBTQIA+, and gender backgrounds.
- Must be able to build and foster positive and collaborative relationships across a variety of departments and teams inside and outside the organization, and develop a team to do the same
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach that blends a focus on details to orchestrate and deliver programs while still being adaptable to modify plans when circumstances change
- Effective at building and managing high performing teams by fostering open dialogue, sharing wins and successes, and keeping team members motivated and focused on specific goals and objectives, especially during times of change
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, LGBTQIA+, and gender backgrounds.
- Experience in program and project management within the workforce development/job training arena
- Experience with curriculum design for adult learners using innovative and effective strategies for varying learning styles in the virtual and hands-on spaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences racially, ethnically, socioeconomically, LGBTQIA+, and gender diverse communities
- Intellectually curious learner willing to take in new information and perspectives to inform and adapt work
COVID-19 CONSIDERATION: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks the first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
For information on FareStart, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at: www.farestart.org/about
APPLY HERE: https://hrbrg.co/7wsapc