Mar 31, 2022
Due to COVID-19 this role is currently working primarily remotely. Once FareStart’s office fully reopens, this role will have regular onsite responsibilities in downtown Seattle.
As the Grant Writer, you are responsible for raising support from foundations, corporations and government entities, requiring proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects. You will conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and report on grants and proposals with corporations, foundations, and government entities.
- Write, collaborate, or support the writing of proposals, letters of interest/inquiry, requests for qualifications, concept papers, white papers, and related materials for application submission.
- Compile, write, or support writing of budgets, and other ancillary materials with finance department and Grants Manager.
- Compile, write, or support writing of narrative reporting and coordinate with finance and evaluations departments to include relevant financial, metrics and audit reporting. Excludes contract reporting.
- Support Grants Manager in producing sufficient number and quality of prospects to meet annual grant fundraising goals; target appropriate ask amounts; assess and recommend case alignment; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation (private and family) grants.
- Manage assigned grants by: tracking grants; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; communicating with project leads and staff stakeholders regarding proposal conditions and expectations.
- Correspond with institutional funders, schedule, and manage on-site tours for funders.
- Build relationships with trustees and funders as needed.
- Assist with budget re-forecasting as needed.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Participate in organizational DEI conversations, including how to ensure DEI in philanthropy.
- 4+ years of experience in private and/or public grant seeking and grant writing
- Track record of applying for grants from corporate and foundation sources
- Skilled in understanding the status of relationships with funders, and extracting next steps
- Experience with budget development and monitoring
- Knowledge of local funding landscape, ideally with both corporate and foundation funders; understanding of national funding landscape
COVID-19 Consideration: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
For information on FareStart, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at: www.farestart.org/about
APPLY HERE: https://hrbrg.co/l4k3rm