Mar 31, 2022
Due to COVID-19 this role is currently working primarily remotely. Once FareStart’s office fully reopens, this role will have regular onsite responsibilities in downtown Seattle.
As the Marketing & Communications Specialist, you will write and develop content to raise awareness for FareStart’s impact nationally and locally. You will also support recruitment efforts, develop content for FareStart’s blog, social media channels, e-newsletter(s), website, and collateral materials.
- Supports FareStart’s marketing and communications strategy by writing and developing content for programs, services, events, and products, and supports execution across all communications channels. Ensures all content is developed through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provides support for written and visual content to highlight the organization’s brand and local impact.
- Provides support in managing and writing content for FareStart’s various comms channels, including blog posts, social media, and website updates.
- Writes, edits, and proofs content.
- Assists with and updates editorial and social media content calendar, assists with curating e-newsletter content; supports list management and segmentation.
- Develops messaging toolkits to amplify the brand via community, members, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manages and creates collateral materials for local and national programs including brochures, one-pagers, posters, annual member reports; collaborates with program partners as needed to develop materials.
- Provides messaging and promotional support for national and local events, including the bi-annual summit, online events, industry shows/conferences.
- Manages photography and videography for promotional purposes.
- Ensures adherence to FareStart brand standards, visual identity, and messaging.
- Stays abreast of key trends to inform marketing and communications strategies and efforts.
- Supports internal communication projects and initiatives including the employee communication engagement committee.
- Utilizes and coordinates volunteer writers, photographers, and videographers as needed.
- 3+ years of marketing/communications and/or public relations or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – including editing and proofreading skills. Experience with strength-based writing or developing content through DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) is a plus. Familiar with fundraising writing and AP style writing.
- Proficient in creating and managing engaging visual content.
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter, pro-active attitude, and highly organized work style and project management skills.
- Experience and ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
- Competent in MS Office Suite.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATION: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
For information on FareStart, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at: www.farestart.org/about
APPLY HERE: https://hrbrg.co/5gxgdi