Position: Senior Manager Workforce Advancement & ESOL Services
Salary Grade: 6
Position Class: Learned Professional
Supervises: 6-10 direct service staff
Reports to: Senior Director of Business Services in WAVES
JVS is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency. Our mission is to empower individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers; and to partner with employers to hire, develop and retain productive workforces.
JVS provides a broad range of services including adult education, skills training, job readiness training, job placement and support, and access to post-secondary education. JVS assists employers in their search for well-qualified job applicants and their initiatives to upgrade the skills of their incumbent workforce.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Senior Director of Business Services and/or the Director of Business Development, the Senior Manager in Business Services oversees all daily aspects of their designated programs. The Senior Manager in Business Services builds, strengthens and grows key partnerships, supervises and supports direct service staff, tracks and reports all relevant program data and outcomes and evaluates programmatic success. The Senior Manager in Business Services oversees multiple employer-based programs, acting as the primary contact for employer partners and providing supervision for a team of off-site instructors and coaches. The Senior Manager in Business Services also institutes any necessary upgrades and changes to ensure success of the program, creates documents for submission to JVS leadership, funders, evaluators and other stakeholders.
This is a regional position, overseeing programs on the South Shore & Metro West. Some work can be done from home, but occasional travel to employer sites will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Build relationships, collaboration and teamwork:
• Support and promote the mission and philosophy of JVS both internally and outside the agency.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders (clients/students, employers, partner organizations, funders,) and work collaboratively in a structured and on-going manner.
• Work collaboratively with and encourage collaboration between JVS teams and team members to ensure agency performance goals are met.
• Lead regular staff meetings and team-based projects.
• Provide assistance to other JVS programs when needed.
• Provide leadership in resolving disagreements and conflict in a professional and productive manner.
• Encourage employer partners to consider fee-for-service options and future partnership opportunities.
• Work collaboratively between JVS departments to assist in the building and implementation of cross-departmental processes for advertising training opportunities, recruiting and screening candidates, and shared management documents.
• Take ownership of the Senior Manager role as leader for JVS staff, clients and partners.
• Increase internal and external visibility of programs.
• Hire, train and supervise program staff.
• Model expected behaviors for JVS staff and clients.
• Generate strategy and solutions in response to unforeseen and planned changes, setbacks and challenges.
• Be flexible to staff learning styles, and set appropriate limits to ensure all staff perform successfully to meet program goals.
• Assist program staff in areas of difficulty and provide additional support when needed.
• Provide oversight of marketing, assessment, enrollment, delivery of services, pre/post testing with the goal of ensuring that clients obtain their predetermined goals.
• Create a work environment where all staff and clients feel heard, can express ideas, learn, problem solve and succeed.
• Provide all supervisees with a written annual evaluation, meeting all agency deadlines for the process.
• Establish, track and meet program dashboard indicators (ex. enrollment, retention, skill attainment, client satisfaction, staff skill development, staff retention, staff performance).
• Ensure program content includes the JVS 8 Core Skills (study skills, test taking skills, organization, soft skills, research skills, time management skills, computer skills, critical thinking skills).
• Evaluate program performance on a regular basis and provide course correction when necessary.
• Lead the planning and implementation of Celebration of Achievement ceremonies.
• Communicate regularly with Supervisor to ensure successful program performance.
• Ensure that all key program data is entered into relevant data tracking systems, is accurate and complete.
• Develop and submit regular program performance reports to JVS leadership, funders, evaluators and other stakeholders.
• Develop and submit an end of the year report to both JVS and other stakeholders.
• Develop and update program related forms and procedures on an ongoing basis.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Building Relationships, Collaboration and Teamwork
Adapting to Change
Accountability and Results Focused
Cultural Competency and Respect
MENTAL DEMANDS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Reading Language Sitting Attendance
Detailed work Math Speaking Listening
Confidentiality Multiple concurrent tasks
Problem Solving External contacts
Verbal and Written communication
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular local travel, some evening hours and some weekend availability required.
JVS CULTURE: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.
MINIMIUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3 years of program/contract management and supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience in curriculum development for the adult learner, with a strong knowledge of ESOL pedagogy.
• Ability to analyze course outcomes and propose means to achieve desired outcomes, if appropriate.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work effectively with staff and clients from diverse cultural, socio-economic, ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated and effective presentation and facilitation skills.
• Knowledge of community resources and web-based resources preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree a Must
Please apply directly on our website with a copy of your resume.