About Possibility Labs
Imagine an economy where low-income communities and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) have the power of self-determination.
Possibility Labs (PL) envisions an economy where all people thrive. A 501c3 social finance organization, PL’ mission is to accelerate and empower community-driven solutions that are built, led, and governed by and for low-income and BIPOC communities. PL supports its partners by providing the essential operational and financial and legal infrastructure to manage and move integrated capital to BIPOC-led movement groups.
Founded in September of 2020, PL has already shown significant growth in its first year. A team of 11 are advancing PL’ mission and have already earned $6M in sales in the first year. Partners are currently offered business infrastructure and operations support through fiscal sponsorship, but this is just the beginning. PL is rapidly growing to extend additional services to its partners, including Donor Advised Funds and managed back-office operations support with a goal of deploying two billion dollars in the next ten years.
The Senior Director of Partner Services Operations (SDPSO) will be joining PL at a critical time in its early start-up phase. As a trusted partner to our partners/clients, this position will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of our partners/clients by ensuring an outstanding partner/clients experience. The SDPSO will provide strategic leadership and spearhead our Partner Services Operations Team in partner/client relationship management, co-creation of solutions, and operations management. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and entrepreneurial leader. Their work will create a lasting impact not only on PL but also on greater BIPOC and historically marginalized communities. The SDPSO will be responsible for developing PL’s Partner Services Operations Team and its practices, including assessing partners’/clients’ needs, co-creating innovative solutions in cross-functional collaborations, and creating processes and technology solutions to support partners/clients.
The ideal candidate is a skilled relationship builder, passionate problem solver, and experienced operations leader, who can be hands-on while keeping abreast of the big picture.
PARTNER SERVICES OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Spearhead the overall operations of PL’s Partner Services Team, encompassing Fiscal Sponsorship, Donor Advised Fund and Managed Backoffice services, by developing and executing strategies to address partner requests, service scalability, and efficiency.
- Build robust Partner Services Operations Team and its practices (incl. processes, technology solutions, policies, tools, etc.) to ensure partners’/clients’ successes and satisfaction.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for partners to increase their impact on BIPOC communities and work with other teams to further explore and execute such opportunities.
- In partnership with COO, continuously assess process and technology solutions, and proactively recommend new tools and policies as the organization and services scale.
- Proactively seek opportunities to deepen the knowledge of the field, including social finance and investment, integrated capital and new economy, in order to anticipate partner needs and devise innovative solutions.
PARTNER RELATIONS & SERVICE DELIVERY (35%)
- Supervise the team to consistently deliver exceptional services on a day-to-day basis and ensure consistent satisfaction across all partners.
- Lead the team in liaising between the partners and internal teams to delegate certain partner inquiries to appropriate teams and follow through to ensure they are resolved.
- Liaise with the internal teams to ensure our services and delivery align with our partners’ needs.
- Design and execute meetings with current and potential partners.
- Working closely with the Accounting Team, supervise the Team to guide the partners in their annual budgeting process.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Lead cross-functional teams through planning, development, and execution of strategic initiative, designed to contribute to the organization mission.
- In partnership with COO, establish annual goals & budget, provide strategic oversight, regular employee impact reviews and recognition, and support ongoing professional development opportunities for the partner services team.
- Act as the agency's expert on the portfolio of our partners and clients.
- Build, motivate, lead, and support a high performing partner services team.
- Support and participate in PL activities, events, and meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Partner Services Director supervises Partner Services Managers.
Expected hours of work
PL office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. While expected to be available during the regular office hours, daily schedule is flexible and will be decided in consultation with the supervisor and based on the scope of work and organizational needs.
Occasional domestic travel may be required for meetings and conferences (Note: no significant travels required during the current COVID-19 crisis period).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance as a senior leader, preferably in startup or early stage organizations;
- Bachelor's degree in operations, business administration or other related field of study, or equivalent work experience in program or operations management. MBA a strong plus;
- Minimum 6 years of people management experience;
- Mix of for-profit and non-profit experience preferred;
- Prior customer service experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of PL’s field of work - integrated capital and new economy, DAF and fiscal sponsorship is a plus;
- Passionate problem solver, and strong communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written);
- Experience and ability to effectively work within a team, as well as to collaborate cross-functionally;
- Enjoy healthy debates and working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment where all the answers are not yet known;
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease;
- Excellent attention to detail while keeping abreast of the big picture;
- Strong experience in project management, especially prioritizing, managing and making progress on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to handle diverse challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook and be oriented towards excellence in customer service;
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 is required, and experience with Salesforce, Bill.com, Xero, Divvy, and savvy with other emergent project management tools is a plus;
- Commitment in practice to racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice -- and an interest in expanding the possibilities for transition to a new economy through non-extractive integrated capital infrastructure and deployment; and
- Growth mindset, and willingness to learn from mistakes, to give and receive feedback.
Advocacy/Social Action, Community/Capacity Building, Social Justice
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Idealist.
PL is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People of color and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.