Apr 29, 2022
$84,180 - $106,835 yearly
Los Angeles, CA, USA
At REDF, we’re building an economy that works. For everyone.
We discover and back social entrepreneurs across the United States that employ people striving to overcome employment barriers like homelessness or incarceration.
These mission-driven businesses, called employment social enterprises, exist because they see untapped talent in their communities for the strengths they hold, not the barriers they’ve faced.
That’s why REDF invests in their businesses, so we can help push their impact further, faster. We pair our grantmaking with capacity-building support, create space for employment social enterprise leaders to learn together, and sponsor state and federal policies that help shift perspectives. Because we believe that our economy works best when it works for everyone.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in 219 social enterprises in 31 states and DC, helping over 74,000 people create a future where they can flourish.
Executive Operations Lead, working directly with the President & CEO and Chief Program Officer (CPO) to bring alignment around and drive action for REDF’s mission. You will serve as a liaison to the board of directors, advisory councils, and senior management teams; organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts for the CEO and CPO and oversee special projects. Great role for a rising project manager with a passion for REDF’s work, a pulse on organizational culture, experience in managing multi-channel communication, and capacity to support an executive team’s ability to drive strategy and align operations towards a commonly held north star.
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentially and discretion, especially decision directly impacting the operations of the organization
- Board Liaison: Coordination of board and advisory council meetings – including compilation of pre-reads, tasking and management of presenters and materials, documentation of insights / decisions / actions as a matter of governance. All executive meetings are held quarterly.
- Executive Team Administrator: Coordination of agenda, surfacing of topics from leadership in need of Exec Team input or decision making, presence at weekly meetings, preparation of pre-read materials to ensure robust discussion, documentation of insights / decisions / actions, management of actions to ensure completion
- Calendar coordination for CEO and when requested, CPO
- Expense reporting and budget/contract approvals for CEO and CPO
- Meeting support for all of the above – management of location / platform / attendance / catering
- Strategic management of staff-wide calendar – ensuring coordination of activities and conscious calendaring
- Preparation of monthly staff meeting content and coordination of speakers and “run of show”
- Integrative thinking to best scaffold communication at various levels throughout the organization (board, advisory council, executive team, leadership, programs / shared services, staff)
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment; able to interact with people of all levels in a confident and professional manner
- Help to draft and publish staff ‘news you can use” from CEO
- Partnership with CEO in managing her portfolio of donors (institutions / individuals). Includes flash reporting, customized communications, personalized emails catered to interest.
- Front of house and facilities manager for REDF’s LA office
- Frequent travel to REDF’s San Francisco office in partnership with C-suite as needed
- Travel administration for CEO and CPO
- Ability to use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgement to handle C-Level matters
- Management of presentations (jam boards, zooms, etc.) and meeting facilitation
- Ability to think outside of the box and with a sense of urgency
- Comfort with managing multiple priorities
- Able to make important decisions under conditions of ambiguity and imperfect information
- Sense of humor and sense of possibility
- Empathy for others, sensitivity to information, strategy aware and deadline vigilant
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously; able to identify solutions around barriers
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong collaborator: comfortable working with others who possess a wide diversity of backgrounds, skillsets, and experience
- Continuously uses feedback and embodies a growth mindset to improve work product and systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- 5+ years or related experience required in supporting C-Level executives
- Able to travel up to 30% for work purposes (once business travel resumes)
- Supportive of REDF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Every team member at REDF has an impact, with the ability to influence and iterate on our strategy. We balance autonomy with collaboration, leading with learning, and innovation with expertise. We listen, ask questions, and challenge the status quo and each other to uncover solutions that move us all to a better tomorrow.
REDF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our different experiences, backgrounds, and stories are our strength. We know that an equitable, inclusive, and diverse workplace makes us more effective, innovative and agile. We welcome and will consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or arrest and conviction history. EEO is the Law. REDF welcomes all.
- 13 paid holidays and ample vacation time
- A generous dollar-for-dollar retirement plan match up to 4% of your base compensation
- Opportunity to learn continuously by building your skills and broadening your perspectives at conferences, workshops, and more
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Position Location and Pay Range:
Los Angeles; remote arrangements not considered. The salary range for this position is $84,180 - $106,835.
COVID Vaccine Requirement
Despite California’s movement towards herd immunity, low case rates, etc., the COVID-19 pandemic still exists at large. We have a responsibility to provide working conditions that mitigate any direct threat to the health and safety of our employees and others affiliated with REDF and the broader community. REDF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for accommodation through the Director of HR by emailing email@example.com (please include “Accommodation Request, Executive Operations Lead” in the subject line). Our COVID-19 Vaccine Policy will adapt as we continue to review our obligations under Federal, state, and local laws.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via REDF’s applicant portal.