May 05, 2022
R Street Institute
The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices across the country—seeks a collaborative and innovative Business Development Specialist to support the fundraising and development efforts of our policy programs. If you want to contribute to the growth of an energetic organization that takes its work seriously but has fun while doing so, this may be the opportunity for you.
Your typical day at R Street may include working with the Business Development Managers to find new corporate or foundation fundraising opportunities, preparing research briefs for upcoming prospect meetings, and tracking donor engagements and follow ups in Salesforce. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Business Development.
Other Aspects of the Role
- Research and identify potential new donors who align with the priorities and strategy of each policy program.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to develop and execute outreach strategies for potential new donors.
- Draft research briefs and help prepare Policy Directors or Executives for meetings with potential new donors.
- Conduct market research on peer institutions to map out where new fundraising and program opportunities may lie.
- Coordinate with staff across the Business Development, Policy, Communications and Strategy teams to advise on development strategies aligned with the donor community’s interests.
- Utilize internal best practices to input Salesforce data on prospect and donor interactions, task reminders, opportunity tracking and revenue forecasting.
- Generate a variety of Salesforce reports for the Business Development, Finance, and Executive teams.
- Proactively engage in continuous efforts to improve Salesforce design and best practices.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Business Development to create strategies that expand R Street’s donor base.
R Street Institute
- Salesforce CRM experience required.
- Non-profit grant management experience preferred.
- Market research experience preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills with an ability to synthesize complex information quickly and explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various R Street teams and a strong collaborative-orientation.
- A self-starter with excellent attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Adaptable and able to work through challenging situations with a positive attitude, collaborative mentality, and an open mind.
- Passion for free markets and limited, effective government.
- A sense of humor and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization.
R Street offers a flexible working arrangement. This is a full-time position that can either work the majority of the week in our D.C. office or be fully remote with occasional travel to the Washington, D.C metropolitan area. R Street is growing rapidly but remains a close-knit team.
R Street is committed to a workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe having a more diverse workforce will strengthen R Street’s ability to innovate, achieve our mission and support long-term systemic change. As people dedicated to limited, effective government and free markets we understand that a free society achieves its greatest triumphs by allowing and facilitating a wide variety of approaches to public policy problems. The concept of “broad coalitions,” one of our core operating principles, stems from that insight. People of all races, religions, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, life experiences and socioeconomic backgrounds perform at the highest levels in every type of work that we do and have shaped the principles to which we subscribe. We believe that searching for talent everywhere is an integral part of living up to our principles.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. We will contact qualified individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. Interviews will be held virtually, via Zoom.
Public Policy, Think Tank
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide the following:
- Unlimited paid time off policy, including all Federal holidays, the day after Thanksgiving, and two weeks holiday closure in December
- Alternating Fridays off
- A health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families)
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) contributions with up to a 4 percent match
- HSA employer contribution match
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Mobile equipment reimbursement
- Internet subsidy
- Monthly mobile plan reimbursement
- Annual educational and professional development reimbursement
- An option between a child care assistance, pet care assistance, or student loan repayment assistance reimbursement
To apply, you must upload a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format at https://street.applytojob.com/apply/sIYOzAyiVc/Business-Development-Specialist?source=ImpOp