Preferred locations include the Central Valley and Coastal California along with Eastern Washington State.
There are 2.7B deskless workers globally, and one-third work in agriculture.. Software tools built for white-collar workers just don’t work for agricultural workers who are often lower literacy, migrant, unbanked, and not accustomed to using email and apps. That’s where we come in.
Ganaz is the workforce management platform for the $1+ trillion North American agriculture and food manufacturing industry. We help create safer, fairer and more profitable workplaces while providing the financial services needed to help workers forge a path out of poverty. Our software currently helps employers onboard, train, communicate with, and retain their multilingual, deskless workforce. We will soon be launching paycards with integrated remittances, saving money for both workers and employers in this large and underserved market. We’re working with some of the largest and best brands in the industry, and our product offering and customer base is growing fast.
We are seeking a motivated and mission-driven Account Executive to join our sales team as we dramatically grow the number of businesses (farms & food manufacturers) and workers who are using the Ganaz platform. The Account Executive will have a deep understanding of customer needs and be able to demonstrate how Ganaz’s products meet those needs. This role reports to the VP of Growth and is remote, but the candidate will need to live in their region in order to meet and serve customers in person.
What you’ll do
Within 1 month you will…
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Ganaz tools and the value they bring to our customer
- Shadow and participate in 5+ demos either in person or via Zoom
- Visit with 5 to 10 current clients to understand why they chose Ganaz and why they continue to work with us
- Spend 2 weeks with our VP of Growth within and outside of your region
- Build a strong relationship with the Ganaz Customer Success team
- Identify competition within your region and how you will differentiate Ganaz
- Be able to demonstrate our platform in person and via Zoom
- Begin generating new leads and referrals by
- Leveraging your network
- Building relationships with other agriculture vendors with which you can partner and collaborate
Within 3 months you will…
- Act as the primary point of contact and the face of Ganaz for your prospects
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins and losses
- Contribute to interviewing and hiring other AEs to ensure we build a strong team and sales culture
- Land at least 1 deal
Within 6 months you will...
- Own your region - have activities in place which enable you to reach or exceed your sales goals (including new leads, demos and deals per month)
- Participate in conventions and expos to generate leads, build relationships and position Ganaz as an expert in the industry
- Recommend and implement new approaches for lead generation in your region and for Ganaz as a whole
What else you’ll need to know
Ganaz is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
At Ganaz, diversity is more than a nice-to-have; it’s a critical ingredient for our success. We welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Ganaz is a public benefit corporation, building technology to foster well-being and prosperity for industry, workers, and their communities.
What you’ll bring
To the job
- Ability to quickly and independently learn, sell and demo Ganaz’s products and platform
- A deep understanding of customers including the ability to listen; ask good questions around customers’ business needs, concerns, pain points; and show how our product solves their problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all types of people, from field workers to HR managers to C-Level individuals
- Ability to quickly learn and use new software and systems, including demonstrating our platform to customers and quickly adopting our internal systems
- A sense of urgency and hunger to hit increasingly ambitious sales goals, and an ability to work independently to do so
- Deep customer empathy and understanding
- Ability to listen carefully to customers to uncover their needs, fears and motivations, empathize with those, and offer creative ways to solve them using Ganaz
- Strong empathy for all our customers - growers and workers - and a true desire to see them benefit from their investment with you and Ganaz
- Experience and relationships in the ag sector while not required is a nice plus
To our mission and our company
- Excitement at the prospect of serving an often overlooked workforce, creating products that have a positive impact on people’s lives
- A strong sense of ownership that extends beyond individual tasks and drives you to learn, experiment, and seek solutions to problems. You are more comfortable with “what needs to be true” than “that can’t be done”
- A desire to contribute to and strengthen our team through sharing experience and collaborating on best practices and shared tools and systems
- A belief that all people deserve to be treated with empathy and respect
- A track record of excellence, of encouraging yourself and others to always do better
- Ability to travel within your region up to 30% of the time
- 3+ years of professional experience in a customer-facing role such as sales or customer success
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Please apply with your resume by emailing Alexia@ganaz.com (People and Talent Manager) or by visiting our website.