Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Managing Director of Finance and Administration, the Financial Analyst will work on financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and the preparation of key deliverables. The Financial Analyst will play a key role in the development and implementation of the annual budget as well as high leverage reporting and strategic analyses. This is an exciting growth opportunity to manage high-stakes projects within a mission-driven environment.
Like all DREAM employees, the Financial Analyst should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM's comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support in the development and implementation of the annual budget process;
- Improve and manage financial models including cash flow, forecasting, and multi-year projections;
- Run and present scenario analysis;
- Prepare financial statements as well as various other weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for internal and external circulation;
- Manage all finance reporting requirements for DREAMs funding sources;
- Assist in the tracking of organizational strategic initiatives as well as key performance data;
- Conduct research to support business planning and financial forecasting;
- Additional analyses as required to support the Management Team on the financial and strategic dimension of decision making;
- Support other finance and strategy initiatives as needed
- Undergraduate required, Master's degree preferred, with sufficient, rigorous quantitative coursework;
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role;
- Demonstrated interest/experience in non-profit finance and strategy;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of data;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in building financial models and preparing analytic communications;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to generate enthusiasm and confidence from others and lead to action;
- Collaborative team player;
- Balance between professional maturity and willingness to learn quickly in an entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- High energy, passion, and dedication;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively;
- Demonstrated interest in DREAM's mission and the not-for-profit sector generally.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Part-time staff hired for the summer season only, are exempt from the booster dose, however they must have received a 2-dose series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.