May 10, 2022
The Manager of Finance and Accounting has day-to-day responsibility for finance, accounting, budgeting, grants management, payroll, and administration. S/he reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This is a tremendous opportunity for a roll-up-your sleeves finance and operations professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a fast-growing, high-impact organization. Position is remote (work from home), and could be part-time for the right candidate.
- Manage and administer all aspects of accounting including maintenance of accounting system (currently QuickBooks); oversee part-time outside bookkeeper.
- Create, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting including compliance record keeping.
- Work closely with program staff on the development of grant and project budgets and donor financial reports.
- Manage and coordinate the annual audit and 990 processes; liaise with external auditors.
- Manage annual budgeting process, in conjunction with the CEO.
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support programmatic and operational requirements.
- Monitor bank accounts; manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Manage and administer the organization’s payment process.
- Maintain all finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage and administer payroll.
- Manage insurance coverage.
- Liaise with IT support provider.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- The ideal candidate has 7-10 years of experience providing high quality finance, accounting, payroll, and administrative support to U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit with international operations.
- A track record in grants management and administration.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software. Experience selecting and overseeing software installations a plus.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A self-starter, with a hands-on approach to getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Dalberg Catalyst.
Advocacy/Social Action, Environment, Healthcare/Public Health
To apply, email a CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 20 May 2022