Hope Solutions is seeking an energetic Manager of Properties and Assets (MPA) to oversee successful home-based property management services to persons receiving housing via three Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) projects and one Rapid Re-housing (RRH) project operated under the Continuum of Care and Contra Costa Behavioral Health Services and located throughout Contra Costa County. The ideal candidate is flexible and responsive to support the needs of our clients while possessing the skill set to collaborate with interdisciplinary team members and community partners.
The MPA will provide leadership, supervision, and oversight to multi-site property management staff who deliver on-demand services to residents in master leased and owned units. The MPA ensures the timely and accurate completion and management of resident lease agreements, recertifications, unit inspections/repairs, fostering positive long-term landlord relationships, and maintaining accurate resident records. The MPA also guides the property management team to support resident behavioral changes and access to resources that reduce mental health symptoms and improve daily functioning. The MPA will be responsible for quality assurance, with the overall goal of helping consumers through the process of securing and retaining permanent housing throughout the community. The MPA will maintain strong collaborative relationships with partner agencies involved in this program, such as the Health, Housing, and Homeless Department and other community-based providers.
Supervisory Responsibility: 3 Property Managers providing services to residents in Families in Supportive Housing (FISH), Assertive Choices Creating Empowerment through Services and Shelter (ACCESS) & Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) PSH units, plus Project Home SAFE (Survivors Achieving Full Empowerment) RRH units.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Active participation and contribution to the Management Team of Hope Solutions.
- Cultivate and maintain successful relationships with key stakeholders and County leadership, including contract liaisons from each funder.
- Assume DMSH responsibilities when they are away.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of new programs when opportunities arise.
- Hire, onboard, supervise, develop, and evaluate staff, providing weekly individual supervision meetings and overseeing a monthly team meeting. Review individual work plans and support team members to achieve work plan goals.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, standards of practice, and outcome measures for the programs, consistent with the contracts.
- In partnership with Leadership Team, lead the multi-site PSH programs and the Project Home SAFE RRH program to meet their respective outcome goals.
- Create or update program flow, outreach materials, tracking tools, and communication systems for the programs.
- Maintain awareness of culturally diverse consumer populations and perform duties in a culturally competent manner.
Property Management Oversight:
- Provide case conferencing of client cases, strategizing on the provision of property management services, interventions, and verbal/written notices to residents.
- Support direct reports to employ the overall Housing First philosophy and provide strength-based and trauma-informed services. Collaborate with the DHP and Human Resources to identify and plan useful training for direct reports.
- Ensure unit vacancies are filled within 45 days, and consistent communication is offered to consumers throughout their intake/application process and tenancy, including ensuring units are fully furnished prior to move-in, providing new residents with a careful and detailed review of the lease agreement and its addenda, instructions on the use of appliances and heating/cooling systems, and an introduction to an on-site property manager (if applicable).
- Ensure a trauma-informed approach to managing resident concerns and payment issues, partnering with support services staff to ensure additional support to residents as needed.
- Oversee annual/interim resident income recertifications and rent computations per HUD requirements.
- Ensure the procuring of janitorial, general contractor, trade, and landscape professionals to complete necessary maintenance services and/or construction/repair/rehabilitation jobs in a timely manner. Ensure the presence of staff to oversee/inspect work to ensure it is completed to a high standard. Ensure non-urgent repairs are completed within two weeks.
- Develop relationships on behalf of Hope Solutions with landlords within the community. Assist with completing master lease agreements in accordance with HUD and Hope Solutions policies. Ensure landlords are contacted with reports after quarterly unit inspections. Ensure/provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on behalf of residents to assist with obtaining and/or maintaining housing.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation within 24 hours after each service contact and consistent, timely processing of vendor invoices and payments.
- Ensure data quality in the AppFolio system, including but not limited to data entry, resident financial records, financial reconciliation, data analysis, and working with Finance Department staff to update records as needed.
- Ensure data quality in the internal Apricot system, including but not limited to data entry, reporting, analysis, and working with HS staff to update Apricot as needed.
- Review monthly and quarterly program data to ensure the program meets its targets and recommend course corrections.
- Comply with all legal/ethical professional guidelines for maintaining consumer confidentiality, protecting consumer rights, advocating on consumers' behalf, and assuring consumer safety.
Community Outreach and Engagement:
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key partners and other community-based providers.
- Represent Hope Solutions at community meetings related to the housing programs.
- Ensure that overall good neighbor and landlord relations are maintained.
- Professionally represent Hope Solutions in all circumstances.
- Attend all required meetings, including but not limited to: Hope Solutions staff meetings, County system meetings, consumer case conferences, linkage meetings with other agencies, and training as assigned.
- Take responsibility for program budget management in collaboration with Hope Solutions' leadership staff.
- Utilize funds as needed and monitor usage data for reporting and needed program adjustments/planning.
- Assist with the creation and annual distribution of a standardized client satisfaction survey.
- Complete required administrative paperwork and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- On-call, after-hours, and backup work for other team members may be required.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Flexible, dynamic work environment
- 100% premium paid for employee Kaiser health and dental care
- Matched 403b retirement savings
- 10 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays
- Ability to accrue 2-4 weeks' vacation depending on tenure
- Life insurance and Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you're a good fit, we want to meet you!