May 27, 2022
RCG Talent Solutions
New York, NY, USA
About Overdeck Family Foundation
Overdeck Family Foundation (“the Foundation”) was founded in 2011 by John and Laura Overdeck with the goal of providing all children the opportunity to unlock their potential. The Foundation focuses exclusively on enhancing education, funding efforts both inside and outside of school in the areas of early childhood, informal STEM education, and K-9 programs that include supporting educators and student-centered learning environments. Our grantmaking and strategic support focus on unlocking innovation, evidence, and growth opportunities for organizations and researchers that are committed to accelerating key academic and socioemotional outcomes for all children. The Foundation funds both direct impact organizations and ecosystem efforts that clear the path to scale for our grantees and the work that they do. The Foundation currently has 20 full time employees and anticipates limited staff growth in coming years. John Overdeck is the co-founder of Two Sigma and the Foundation office resides within their facilities.
The Foundation is seeking an experienced, high-performing People and Operations Associate to support the vision and strategy of Elaine Perez, the Director of People and Operations. This position will execute in support of end-to-end employee experience and organizational operations including onboarding logistics, workforce culture, and staff development. This person will foster a positive employee experience while developing and improving the Foundation culture and administration.
In your previous roles, you’ve demonstrated an ability to develop project plans and balance several at once in a detail-oriented fashion and to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority. Your skill in building deep, authentic relationships and operating in reliable ways has been key to your success. You have built these skills through experience working within any organizational context where you were required to be highly operational and relational in your role. You are an empathetic professional who sees the potential in others, patiently encourages growth in others, and sees deep value in diverse teams characteristic of a true sense of belonging.
Visit www.overdeck.org for more information.
What You’ll Help Us Do
- Support the implementation of the Director of People and Operations’ vision and approach for operations (goal setting, team meetings and structures, executive support, etc.) to ensure strong planning, alignment, and execution, including org-wide strategic initiatives and cross-functional projects
- Accompany the Director of People and Operations in vision setting meetings and supporting her to develop seamless project plans, timelines, and follow-up communications
- Support the execution of the vision and approach for hiring, training, and supporting our team with a focus on growth mindset and career development
- Build authentic, deep relationships across the foundation in order to keep a pulse on the organization and ensure that the vision and approach to our operations and talent work is responsive to the needs of the organization and the staff who work here
- Organizational Operations Management
- Partner with the Director of People and Operations to operationalize and support her vision for the annual strategic planning process
- Manage institutional knowledge management including both systems/processes and strategy that is grounded in smart prioritization
- Provide executive administrative support for Head of Foundation including navigating calendar logistics and commitments with the trustees
- Provide strategic calendar planning for the team annually
- Liaise with the Director in their engagement with the budgeting and financial management processes
- Draft all-staff weekly People and Operations email and additional email communications to provide updates to meetings, projects, and events
- Liaise with Two Sigma to engage in their support around Foundation technology, facilities, and event planning needs
- Manage office including Covid-19 policies and ensure staff necessary resources and materials they need to do their job
- Talent Management and Professional Development
- Support Director with managing centralized structures for ongoing performance and professional development conversations
- Support managers to regularly and successfully engage their reporting staff around performance and professional development
- Execute a professional development agenda inclusive of both centralized programming and cataloging of external opportunities for staff
- Manage a professional development budget to ensure staff are utilizing funds earmarked for their development while choosing high impact opportunities
- Innovate and Manage Employee Experience
- Develop and manage structures, events, and habits that promote strong connection and experience for staff (e.g. recognition, team building events, holiday parties, going away parties, celebrating personal milestones, etc.) and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate successful execution of onboarding and offboarding logistics for new and exiting staff
Overdeck Family Foundation
Who You Are
- A detail-oriented project manager who is able to develop systems and structures to efficiently and effectively drive outcomes. You have experience in managing complex projects characteristic of multiple stakeholder management and interdependent timelines across projects. You are able to organize and manage the actions of staff across an organization and are able to find success influencing others to act through dotted line relationships. You are a strong verbal and written communicator that provides clear and succinct information.
- A highly relational professional who will build fast, deep, and trusting relationships with our staff. You are able to work well with Foundation staff members at all levels because you are kind, thoughtful, and curious. You will authentically care about all of our staff. You are experienced in change management in ways that are inclusive.
- A smart, eager learner. You take a nuanced and rigorous approach to your work, both able to act on well-informed hypotheses and willing to change your mind. You use your critical thinking and quantitative analysis skills to see patterns, guide smart decision-making, and evaluate opportunities.
- A values-driven and empathetic human. You operate with a high level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence and you value the same in your colleagues. You engage in conflict confidently and with kindness. You are excited about working in an environment where complex problems are being considered. You are able to articulate and navigate tensions with an orientation towards understanding and valuing multiple perspectives. You don’t shy away from holding two opposing ideas at once and you are comfortable with not knowing or not agreeing and committing.
What You’ve Done
Experience you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in a role that is highly operational
Experience in staff work preferred
Overdeck Family Foundation offers competitive core benefits, including fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401(k) match, generous vacation time, unlimited sick days, and employer-paid life and disability insurance. Overdeck Family Foundation requires all employees to live within a commutable distance from the office in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City. Each week, employees must work in the office on Tuesdays and additional “team days” for collaboration, with the option to work remotely on all other days. Perks of being in the office include on-site gyms with laundry service, wellness classes, snacks and beverages, and a casual dress code in our beautiful office in SoHo.
Relevant Overdeck Family Foundation Policies
Overdeck Family Foundation requires all staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. All employment offers shall be contingent upon the applicant submitting proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption as an accommodation.
How to Apply
Overdeck Family Foundation has partnered with RCG Talent Solutions on our search for the People and Operations Associate. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to email@example.com. RCG Talent Solutions will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Overdeck Family Foundation is dedicated to the work of unlocking every child’s potential. We are committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the children in the education system we aim to support—in race, gender, age, culture and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.