Organization Overview Project Evident exists to help organizations harness the power of evidence to achieve greater impact. We do this by offering a comprehensive platform of tools, resources, and services to help state education agencies, local education agencies, nonprofits and funders improve how they measure, evaluate, and report results, while strengthening their ability to act using this evidence. Project Evident strives to be a trusted partner – to practitioners, funders, and other stakeholders committed to stronger, meaningful, and equitable outcomes for communities and individuals so that all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. (Language drawn from PolicyLink’s definition of equity with their permission.)
We believe in the power of data and evidence to address social and racial justice, and seek to advance a next generation ecosystem for actionable evidence building and use. We lean into our mission through our values, specifically:
- Practitioner Focused - We center on practitioners, and ground our work in their needs and contexts. We help practitioners strengthen meaningful and equitable outcomes for the communities and individuals they serve, and lift up their work so it can be better understood and supported by funders and policy makers.
- Committed to Learning, Inclusion, and Transparency - We are frank, honest, and compassionate with our colleagues, clients, funders, and stakeholders. We seek input and feedback from a wide range of voices and share our learnings openly with others. We recognize that evidence is not immune from the racism and inequities that exist in our society, and strive to understand the context in which we operate and to uphold the principles of belonging, dignity, and justice through our work.
- Smart, Warm, Approachable and Productive -
- Smart - we strive to find practical, implementable solutions
- Warm - we bring an attitude of heart and positivity and work through discomfort
- Approachable - we keep open and curious minds, welcoming differing viewpoints and valuing the ideas and experiences of our partners.
- Productive - we hold ourselves accountable to the goals and timelines we set with our colleagues and partners, and course correct as needed
- Oriented to Actionable Evidence - We work with partners to build and use relevant and timely data and evidence to continuously learn, improve, and make meaningful, equitable, and cost effective decisions both for ourselves and partnering organizations.
Position Summary - Partnership Manager
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director (DMD), Equitable Recovery Wallet, the Partnership Manager is aligned with Project Evident’s core values and will serve as a trusted partner, actively engaging in a culture of belonging and accountability. Project Evident’s founding belief in the power of data and evidence to address social and racial justice is core to the Equitable Recovery Wallet’s focus: serving undercapitalized, early journey nonprofits, predominantly led by women and BIPOC social sector leaders with subsidized or no charge services that help their organizations effectively leverage data and evidence to strengthen their outcomes for the communities they serve.
As an integral part of the Equitable Recovery Wallet team, the Partnership Manager will serve as a “concierge,” stewarding the overall client lifecycle: successfully diagnosing needs and then pairing participants with technical assistance (TA) providers for “right-time and right-sized” support that aid their organizations in their own data and evidence building journeys. Serving as the linchpin between participants and the Wallet, this role is responsible for overseeing the process for engaging and managing new client relationships, assessing needs, assigning technical assistance, and ensuring client success through the collection of feedback and outcomes data from each participating organization.
The Partnership Manager will take responsibility for assessing client needs, overseeing intake and follow-up assessment(s), onboarding, technical solution development, and supporting the scoping process to ensure the most appropriate TA matching and delivery of timely support for Wallet participants. This individual will have demonstrated success as a tech-savvy, creative and strategic problem solver who can navigate complexity and design high-quality, best-in-class solutions. The Partnership Manager will also serve as the primary contact for practitioners, participants, technical assistance providers and will work closely with Project Evident senior leadership, external advisors, and other related project partners to ensure growth and success of the Wallet.
The Partnership Manager will collaborate closely with the DMD Equitable Recovery Wallet and Community Manager ensuring seamless participant experiences, and collaboration with other teams at Project Evident including the Information Architecture initiative. This role will also maintain the Wallet’s tracking system(s), support knowledge management, and produce communications to ensure that field building goals are met and are aligned with Project Evident values and standards. Further, this individual will also play a critical contributing role to the work of the Information Architecture team and help with the ideation and development of a technical tool to support targeted deployment of Wallet resources and TA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assessment, Solutions Strategy, and Management (70%)
- Support the DMD, Equitable Recovery Wallet in identifying, vetting, and engaging potential new participants.
- Manage an effective and inclusive process to assess (i.e. intake meetings), identify, and prioritize needs for the participants to engage with the Wallet.
- Maintain knowledge of current program requirements and adequately communicate these to prospective participants, as appropropriate.
- Assess capacity, experience, and proficiency of technical assistance (TA) providers to (1) ensure completeness of skills/expertise in available TA pool, and (2) ensure skills/needs match between Project Evident, TA provider, and Wallet participants.
- Create and deliver a “match making” process for participants and TA providers, ensuring alignment on objectives, outcomes, timeline and processes for problem solving.
- Partner with the DMD, Equitable Recovery Wallet to implement an ongoing improvement process for assessing and aligning participants and technical assistance providers.
- Oversee and use the Wallet system to respond to initial inquiries and vet viability of applicants to enroll into the Wallet initiative; track all intake information in Salesforce.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Manager to ensure seamless and timely communication among practitioners, technical assistance providers, and all other stakeholders.
Process Improvement and Data Management (25%)
- Manage and refine an array of matchmaking and readiness assessments that support intake.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of data collected about Wallet programs and participants, including follow-ups.
- Create a dashboard and reports to track data against outcomes.
- As part of the Information Architecture team, contribute to creation of select data tools. Other Duties and Responsibilities (5%)
- Attend meetings and/or special projects or working groups as assigned.
- Stay up-to-date with trends related to technical assistance, capacity building, data, equity and evidence for nonprofits, other duties as assigned.
The Partnership Manager reports directly to the Deputy Managing Director, Equitable Recovery Wallet and collaborates and maintains close working relationships with all team members , and stakeholders. The Partnership Manager works collaboratively with staff, nonprofit and government partners and practitioners, clients, contractors, and vendors to meet goals in line with organizational values.
Education and/or Experience
- 3-5 years experience in management consulting, solutions consulting or other experience in assessing client needs and delivering technical solutions.
- 2-3 years experience with data tools and developing data solutions.
- Exceptional customer engagement and service delivery.
- Prior experience determining needs and services in a social, evaluation, and/or educational sector.
- Experience building and managing start-up projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer management skills with a demonstrated ability to anticipate and adapt to evolving customer needs ensuring best-in-class experience.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of data, evaluation and evidence-based policy/practice.
- Entrepreneurial problem solver, active listener who seeks clarification, asks questions, and surfaces solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively; manage. competing priorities while delivering high-quality customer service and solutions.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with fast deadlines.
- Commitment to high performance culture, participate in giving and receiving feedback and belief in continuous self-improvement.
- Conducts oneself in a manner that is smart, warm, approachable, and productive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; pays keen attention to detail, extremely high standards for accuracy and commitment to high quality process and product.
- Experience “managing up” to senior leadership; anticipating and responding to needs.
- Experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with diverse communities and a deep commitment to learning, performance, racial equity, and building a culture of belonging.
- Experience using common cloud-based productivity tools, e.g., Google Docs, Office 365, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Google Docs, Microsoft Office programs specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Salesforce and leveraging reports for analysis and reporting.
- Experience with survey design and implementation as well as related tools, e.g. Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Google Forms, etc.
- Be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Ability to sit, talk, and listen continuously for up to 8 hours per day Work Environment
- Ability to work with a virtual team
As a project of the Tides Foundation, employees receive the following benefits: https://www.tides.org/careers/benefits/
Submission and Interview Process
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position, must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that applicants with qualifying disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. Project Evident, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.