Jun 14, 2022
$23 - $26 yearly
Alliance for Children's Rights
Remote (California, USA)
The Alliance for Children’s Rights is seeking a dedicated individual to join our Development/Communications Team as the Donor Services Coordinator, in a non-exempt position. The Donor Services Coordinator is an integral member of the Development/Communications Team and plays a key role in providing administrative and logistical support to advance fundraising and the mission of the Alliance for Children’s Rights. The position organizes and implements fundraising support activities, including maintenance of the donor database systems; processing all gift revenues; logging gifts and coding gift records; providing historical giving, queries, and reports in support of fundraising goals and objects; and the prompt processing and filing of donor acknowledgements.
The position reports to and directly supports the Manager of Major Gifts and Events while also providing team-wide support of substantial fundraising initiatives, including special events.
The Donor Services Coordinator must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They should be a positive and supportive team player and collaborator. The position requires a high level of computer competence and the ability to work with the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) effectively.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE: The Alliance for Children's Rights is a nonprofit organization that provides free holistic legal services and advocacy to youth and families impacted by child welfare and juvenile justice systems in Los Angeles County, and works to enact policy changes statewide. Our lawyers, advocates, and social workers, together with hundreds of pro bono attorneys and community volunteers, work to ensure that those we serve have the tools to overcome barriers to stability and success, and access to the education, healthcare, and financial supports that they need. Since 1992, we have helped over 150,000 children. For more information visit: www.allianceforchildrensrights.org.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT/COMMUNICATIONS TEAM: The Alliance is funded by philanthropic giving from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other sources. This team leads and manages all the fundraising programs and raises awareness and engagement with our mission.
WHAT YOUR IMPACT WILL BE
- Enters all gifts, pledges, pledge payments, and other financial transactions in the Raiser’s Edge database with timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Processes payment types including checks, cash, credit cards, wire transfers, stock, payroll deductions, matching gifts, in-kind donations, and internal transfers.
- Reconciles all entries with daily transmittals and prepares them for daily deposit.
- Ensures that contributions are entered according to donor designation, including the addition of gift solicitor, soft credits, and other information vital for recognition and stewardship.
- Manages third-party integrations with Raiser’s Edge, including with Classy via ImportOmatic.
- Prepares daily gift report and certain monthly reports as defined by the Chief Development Officer (CDO)
- Generates reports and materials needed for the financial statements, the annual audit, and monthly reconciliation reports to Finance.
- Works with Controller and Senior Development Coordinator on reconciliation. Ensures that all transactions received are recorded and adjusts gift records as needed to balance with Finance at the end of each month.
- Responsible for the process of preparing gift receipts and acknowledgements, donor tax receipts, tribute cards, invoices and pledge reminders, and other gift related correspondence including acquiring proper signatures, printing letters, preparing envelopes, inserting, and mailing
- Provides exceptional customer service to donors regarding receipt reprints, donation and refund requests, and other gift-related questions
Donor Database Coordination
- Follows database system standard operating procedures, business rules, protocols, and user manuals.
- Works closely with the Development Team to ensure data integrity.
- Assists in regular database maintenance duties such as removing duplicate entries, making corrections, and establishing regular system checks, such as locating records without constituent codes or addressees/salutations.
- Updates constituent records, including contact and employment information, and maximizes efficiencies in data reporting.
- Adds new constituent records to the database as needed, analyzes information, and populates all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Processes address changes and returned mail, and coordinates necessary updates as appropriate.
- Maintains the central archive of hard-file gift documentation.
- Maintains donor records: transfers and uploads gift documentation, solicitations, acknowledgements, and other correspondence to the donor database and digital files.
- Creates and maintains Designation records.
- Maintains the structure of attributes, code tables, business rules, configuration items, and all other setup functions and makes configuration, code table, and user system role modifications.
- Handle global changes, importing, and other global database functions.
- Coordinate database backup and recovery procedures.
Reports and Administrative Support
- Create fundraising and other data-driven reports as needed.
- Produces larger in-house mailings via list production and segmentation, mail merges, printing, postage, copying, and maintaining hard and digital files for fundraising or special projects as requested, such as event invitations and appeals.
- Monitors and maintains the inventory and ordering of office supplies for the Development Team, including letterhead, envelopes, postage, and other collateral materials.
- Receives, sends, organizes, and distributes shipments for the Development/Communications team, including in-kind donations.
- Assist the Major Gifts and Events Manager with fundraising and cultivation events, including event logistics, timelines, vendor coordination, invitation and rsvp lists, revenue reports, expense budgets, volunteer coordination, and in-kind donations.
- Assists with special events and activities by preparing event materials, attending events, and providing day-of support.
- Offers general administrative support and event support to the Development Team as needed.
- Schedules and coordinates the Development/Communications team meetings.
Alliance for Children's Rights
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Commitment and enthusiasm about the organization’s mission and programs
- Substantial Raiser’s Edge® or other database experience required
- Highly detail-oriented skill set with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, including financial and statistical record-keeping skills
- Sensitivity when working with highly confidential financial and non-financial information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, and communication skills, using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and also Adobe Acrobat
- An ability to work independently and under pressure, take responsibility, prioritize work, complete tasks on time, work with confidential data, perform repetitive and multiple tasks with accuracy while simultaneously adhering to deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly
- Ability to understand and follow directions as well as complex policies and procedures
- Excellent written, editing, spelling, and verbal skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; AA degree acceptable with experience
- Knowledge of graphic design
This job description is of a general nature and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
The Alliance is committed to prioritizing and safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our employees, their families, our clients, and members of our community against the COVID-19 coronavirus above all else. In response to COVID-19, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, and to support a safe environment for everyone, all new Alliance’s employees must provide original documentation confirming they are fully vaccinated at the time of hire, or for purposes of exemptions, proof of a qualifying medical exemption or religiously held belief.
Other Considerations This position is a full-time non-exempt position, working at least 2-3 days in the Los Angeles office and remotely during the rest of the week, depending on assigned responsibilities and duties. This position may be asked to work in the office at any time and at the employer's discretion.
Advocacy/Social Action, Youth Development
This is a non-exempt, full-time paid position, with an hourly rate of $23.07 - $25.64 ($45,000 – $50,000 annually) DOE.
Benefits include generous vacation and paid holidays; comprehensive health plans covering 100% of the employee cost of medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; flexible spending accounts for childcare and health expenses; generous retirement savings plan with company contributions to your 403(b) after one year of employment, and discounts on fitness memberships and other activities.
The Alliance for Children’s Rights is committed to building and supporting a culturally diverse and inclusive environment that values all staff members’ backgrounds and perspectives in our work. We strongly encourage individuals from all traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and prohibit discrimination against employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other unlawful basis.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter any relevant experiences, background, or perspective, professional or otherwise, you have in working with diverse populations and/or towards goals of equity and racial justice.